PADI RDP... shallow water data extrapolation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, feel free to jump down my throat and tell me how this is way off, and why.
I don't see anything in Storker's response that would qualify for a 'jump down my throat' description.
I would interested to know if there are more accurate numbers.
I would, as well. But, I am unaware of any. You are extrapolating into a (shallow) depth range that holds limited interest for investigators. That doesn't mean your question is somehow not relevant, rather that there are no / limited data to guide you.
Presumably the dive computers are capable of calculating this data more accurately since they constantly monitor depth / altitude changes.
And, I suspect they can calculate data. But, again, what they might calculate is a mathematical extrapolation that may or may not be valid.

Yeah, that`s what I`ve always heard. I`ve heard both 18`and 22`as being the depth you could stay down literally for a lifetime and still directly ascend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom