PADI Regulations & question - where are they??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clearly you have your answer, the only one you want to hear. I wish you good luck, you need buckets of it.

I just pity the instructor who has to explain this to the OPs face.......

Really dude...after a 9 year gap...forget it. I doubt there is an instructor on this planet who would take you straight into the water after a 9 year gap.

Even with experienced, certified, divers, a 9 year lay-off requires considerable re-training.

And...I extremely doubt that the shop/instructor concerned have even maintained/stored your records for this long.

And...regardless of what the regulations state... it is the personal decision of the instructor concerned as to what training/re-training you require. PADI will support their decision 100%.

The regulations are not published publically, because they are there for the guidance of instructors...and not a tool for cash-strapped, wannabie lawyers to threaten dive professionals with.

If you don't want to pay for the training.... just buy some kit off ebay and take yourself diving...preferably not in the vacinity of other divers...so, at least, you won't pose a risk to them as you kill yourself.

If you don't want to pay for the training.... just buy some kit off ebay and take yourself diving...preferably not in the vacinity of other divers...so, at least, you won't pose a risk to them as you kill yourself.
:

there are "cheaper" ways to kill yourself.:dork2:

OK cool guy. Maybe when I am certified I can have a cool avatar of myself wading through the surf. I hope my instructor is not as big of d@#^head as you. :shakehead:

I have found my answer. Consider this thread dead.

I appreciate all the other professional responses.

Ha ha... I consider myself 'told'.

I do hope you realise that my tongue-in-cheek comment was only meant to reinforce the importance of undertaking proper training before attempting scuba.

I do understand that such training can be expensive, but your safety, health and well-being will depend upon the quality of training you recieve.

Please don't attempt to short-cut or cost-cut to get your certification.

I hope my instructor is not as big of d@#^head as you. :shakehead:

If you do find a shop/instructor willing to conduct your four OW dives after a 9 year "break" in training please be sure to post their name and information here.

You'd be doing a great service to other scuba divers looking for good, responsible scuba instruction.

:shakehead:

Ha ha... I consider myself 'told'.

I do hope you realise that my tongue-in-cheek comment was only meant to reinforce the importance of undertaking proper training before attempting scuba.

I do understand that such training can be expensive, but your safety, health and well-being will depend upon the quality of training you recieve.

Please don't attempt to short-cut or cost-cut to get your certification.

Suurrrreee. Nice try buddy. You took a cheap shot and I called you out on it.

I just pity the instructor who has to explain this to the OPs face.......

Really dude...after a 9 year gap...forget it. I doubt there is an instructor on this planet who would take you straight into the water after a 9 year gap.

Even with experienced, certified, divers, a 9 year lay-off requires considerable re-training.

And...I extremely doubt that the shop/instructor concerned have even maintained/stored your records for this long.

And...regardless of what the regulations state... it is the personal decision of the instructor concerned as to what training/re-training you require. PADI will support their decision 100%.

The regulations are not published publically, because they are there for the guidance of instructors...and not a tool for cash-strapped, wannabie lawyers to threaten dive professionals with.

HEY, BACK OFF BUDDY! SHE DOESNT NEED A LECTURE FROM YOU!!! WHY CANT YOU BE SUPPORTIVE, JERK........:rofl3:

I wish I could be there to see her explain this to the instructor, :rofl3: "you want me to what? after 9 years? are you F'ing serious?"

especially over what cant amount to more than a couple hundred $$, she could have made that much if she put as much effort into work, rather than trying to work the system,

I think she should buy some gear online an just go, she spent a whole semester learning this stuff, she'll be fine....hopefully before she reproduces:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom