Padi specialties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And when they take the course they have one more little plastic card in their dive log than you do !!!!

You've been trumped by the ace of "Fresh water tadpole identification".

goofystan:
Did you hear about the new PADI speciality class? It is called how to properly pee in your wet suit....

I am PADI and NAUI certified. I just think that they make up crazy speciality classes to generate more money (of course)...

They only make the money when you take the specialty.

So how many dives did you have to do to earn your card and how did the instructor verify that you met the training standards?

The Kraken:
And when they take the course they have one more little plastic card in their dive log than you do !!!!

You've been trumped by the ace of "Fresh water tadpole identification".

You are correct it is all about the plastic.... (-:

Pez de Diablo:
They only make the money when you take the specialty.

So how many dives did you have to do to earn your card and how did the instructor verify that you met the training standards?

I did the required dives for my cert...how about you??? what are you suggesting? who verified your dives? It depends on what type of person one is..The ones that lie about their dives are only cheating themselves... Really who cares who has the biggest ****? It is very easy to verify my dives they are all on my computer unless of course my computer went diving without me..... Those who accuse another of dishonesty is more than likely to be dishonest themselves...I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself nor do I really care who has the higher cert. Cert is not the issue it is what you can do with the cert that you have.. Most insecure people try to prove that they are better then another....

But more importantly, when is PADI going to have some more useful specialities like

- Advanced Peak Performance buoyancy
- Long hose deployment and utilisation
- BP/W diving (basic and advanced)
- DIB (Doing it Better)

:D

goofystan:
I did the required dives for my cert...how about you??? what are you suggesting? who verified your dives? It depends on what type of person one is..The ones that lie about their dives are only cheating themselves... Really who cares who has the biggest ****? It is very easy to verify my dives they are all on my computer unless of course my computer went diving without me..... Those who accuse another of dishonesty is more than likely to be dishonest themselves...I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself nor do I really care who has the higher cert. Cert is not the issue it is what you can do with the cert that you have.. Most insecure people try to prove that they are better then another....

Take a chill pill dude, he was likely talking about the "pee in the wetsuit" specialty.....sheesh, for 'not caring' you sure took off on that one.

jasona111:
But more importantly, when is PADI going to have some more useful specialities like

- Advanced Peak Performance buoyancy
- Long hose deployment and utilisation
- BP/W diving (basic and advanced)
- DIB (Doing it Better)

:D

Do you really think those are necessary?

Yes, definately necessary.... PADI needs more money, and its up to all of us to help :wink:

jasona111:
Yes, definately necessary.... PADI needs more money, and its up to all of us to help :wink:

Well by your selection of specialties, it sounded like you wanted PADI to to copy GUE.

Can't hurt to give PADI money AND get good dive skills... hopefully PADI teching the material would remove some of the "attitude" some GUE acolytes have. YMMV :D

Back
Top Bottom