PADI SSI or NAUI??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a_eclipse_guy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello
I am a PADI diver and today I was watching a video from SSI.
I did notice the dive tables were a little bit different and the acsent rate was very different from PADI.
Since I have only been in PADIs courses. I now wonder how many other differences each organization has in thier programs...
I know this next question may be personal preference but, What is the best program out there??
I did also see a few videos from GUE they seem like they have it going on!

So what do you guys think?

I thought this had been decided in a previous thread. Dunno.:search::idk:

My pic is SDI. I was originally certed with SSI, and have looked at PADI & NAUI, But I feel SDI has some of the most thorough training.

:deadhorse:
I only used the dead horse because I can't find a can of worms.......

Got it covered....

I got the C.O.W. Specialty Card

I love it when you guys take the time out to return a post you consider a dead horse back to the top of the list....by posting on it!! :D Who cares?!! The title says what it's about. If you don't want to read a post that's been posted, why bother opening it, much less posting?

As for the OP, I've heard very impressive things from SDI trained divers. There are excellent PADI instructors out there but the curriculum isn't as in-depth in my opinion. I'm PADI trained and feel there was a LOT left out. I think SDI and NAUI are close but in that order followed by PADI.

All those certifing agencies are quality groups. It really depends on the INSTRUCTOR you choose. I was certified NAUI, and my training was good. I dive with a PADI shop now, and they train very well (I just dove as a clean up diver over the weekend - all students trained very well with IVS) The other agencies are very good, and it's up to you to choose based on the interaction that you have with each instructor. Choose well, and take your time.

But overall, the agencies that you mentioned are all quality groups.

Safe diving to you.

The quality of the instructor and dive school is FAR more important than the agency that issues the qualification.

Any of the main agencies (PADI, SSI, BSAC, NAUI, SDI etc etc) offer a recognised qualification and a training programme that falls within industry guidlelines/standards.

It's all about the student.
So get it going on.

Back
Top Bottom