Panama City Beach Dive Report 10-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has to be the most entertaining dive report I think I have read. Love the pic too. It really pulls it all together. Great Job.

Man! I live here and still haven't been out to the Accokeek. Let a local know next time!

I love those far out wrecks. We should get a bunch of people to go do them.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'd definately be interested.

Here is whats out there. Bit deeper than usual, so best to be on nitrox, multilevel computation. I wouldnt mind finding a 6 pack and doing a whole day.

Yea, I was using Nitrox for all 5 of those dives @ 30%-32%. Bottom time wasn't increased because being a new diver I suck air like crazy, but helped tons with my SI's.

That MapSource is for a Garmin GPS handheld or something? I can't afford a GPS, but I wonder if the software and CD-Rom for PCB area is available to purchase and if you can use it without the GPS. Do you know if there are any other alternatives?

Its from Garmin Bluechart Americas for the PC. You can buy it from Garmin. WIth nitrox and a computer, I definetly like a bigger tank. An al80 is too small for deeper dives and long BTs.

Steele:
GGRRRAaaaaar! Pirate Booty! Can you take the live ones? Is it frowned on? Sure, I’m gunna killem dead with a fire-ant mound and a bucket of bleach (I figure the same way you do hog/deer heads), but is it okay? (PS – PETA affiliates or supporters: I already know your answer, so no need to voice your concerns, thanks. :07: )

Thanks for such an entertaining account. I wanted to address the one question you had in your story.

Yes, you can take the live ones, but the purple ink in their mantles will stain you, your clothes, your goodie bag and anything else with which they come into contact. So, unless you like looking like Barney, you should only take the dead ones.

Sea Biscuits are of the same family, but they are smaller diameter and plumper. I saw many of them in the Turks and Caicos.... How about the rest of the dives?

Hey Paul, I'm currently fleshing out my dive log, but when I finish that up, I'll write something up on the Night Dive @ the Bart and the next day at the Spans and Hovercraft.

Thanks for the info on the Sand Compact-Diskettes. :) I didn't know they could stain you. That'd be pretty cool, though.

Great report there Steele!!! Been on a couple of dives down there myself. Too bad the weather and the twirly cloud formation is goofing it up now...

That report inspired me to think about heading to PCB in the not too distant future and dragging BuGman and Darcy, kicking and screaming, onto a boat and make them do a wreck or three with me. Then would be a good time for a spring rinse off dive afterward...

Any takers...I am either going to the Megadive at Ginnie (probably) or going to Marathon Key to dive next weekend (not probable...spinny thing, remember) and then I am free til the end of next month. Might like to get in a little fishing and floundering if I can!!

Hozerski

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom