Panasonic Lumix LX10 wide-angle swap process?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty Bess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been using a GoPro for 6 years and want to move on to a basic compact camera so I picked the Panasonic Lumix LX10. Yet to order.

The question is, does anyone know if I can put a wide-angle lens on while diving? Say to the Ikelite housing?

Thanks!!

Hi Marty,

The Inon UWL-H100 28M67 works great with the LX10 (type 2 is a 67mm screw thread)

The great thing about this lens is also that there is no vignetting when shooting in 4K, due to the camera's 36mm crop factor (you do need to zoom in one step in 1080p)

Without a wide-angle lens, you'll find the fov quite narrow in 4K.

Here's the camera in use with the UWL-H100 (Nauticam housing)

Cheers

b

Hi Marty,

The Inon UWL-H100 28M67 works great with the LX10 (type 2 is a 67mm screw thread)

The great thing about this lens is also that there is no vignetting when shooting in 4K, due to the camera's 36mm crop factor (you do need to zoom in one step in 1080p)

Without a wide-angle lens, you'll find the fov quite narrow in 4K.

Here's the camera in use with the UWL-H100 (Nauticam housing)

Cheers

b

I watched your video a couple of days ago and it is amazing!! Off subject but did you do a lot of color correction in post?

That lens has been discontinued, do you know of a replacment?

I watched your video a couple of days ago and it is amazing!! Off subject but did you do a lot of color correction in post?

That lens has been discontinued, do you know of a replacment?

Hi Marty and thanks!
Not sure what replacement would work as well on this compact. Maybe the Weefine WFL-12 or similar? I guess any wide lens designed for compact camera would work. The Inon is really well made though.

Otherwise it depends what you mean by a lot of color correction - I shoot in a flat profile (Cine-D), white balance at depth with a Keldan SF -1.5 Spectrum filter, all in ambient light (except for macro)

I then fine tune the WB in post, then use standard Final Cut Pro X tools to grade (color wheels, curves, luma curves...).
So yes, it's graded in post, but the color information making it to the sensor at depth is quite impressive!

oppo,
How has your use of the LX10 been? I just bought it and was looking for the Cinelike D hack with instructions on how to apply it. Would you be able to direct me to where I can download it and the instructions? Or... perhaps you still have it saved and can send it to me?

Hi Marty.

The LX10 is a great camera for video - on the downside I would list the following: no auto-ISO in full manual mode (logical, but would be nice), no 4k 60fps, average stabilization in 4K and slow autofocus (use backbutton focus to solve the issue in wide angle), and a 36mm crop in 4K (which is actually an advantage with a wet wide angle lense )- other than that, it's a pretty amazing what this compact can do for video!

Regarding Cine-D, the logic is as follows - set the camera in Custom mode (C1 or C2 or C3) first upload it to the camera ("deploy Cine-D"), then save this setting to your 3 custom C presets banks.
That way it "stays" in the camera.
You can modify your presets, but keep the picture profile on Cine-D when saving.

Cine-D won't be available as a picture profile anymore once you turn off the camera, but it will still be stored in your custom presets.

My 3 presets are basically video modes with 4K full manual, 4K A exposure, and 1080p 60fps full manual, all with Cine-D as a custom picture profile.

Uploading it to the camera uses the camera's wifi mode -
(connect wifi, handshake, upload)
I've attached the file I use to upload CIne-D

Attachments

• DEPLOY CINELIKE D.html.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 88
It works pretty much the same on the LX10 as the GX85, so you can use this as a reference:

You also have these tutorials:

or

Let me know how it goes!

cheers

Ben

Awesome and much appreciated!! I have the hosui9ng and the wide-angle lens coming. The wide-angle lens is a bit of a chance that I have coming. I hope it works because I hate returning items.

Let me know how it goes!

cheers

Ben

Ben what settings do I need to set/change for underwater videos? Or rather what are your settings? Thanks you have been a great help to get me started. My first trip will be in Feb 2023 to Fiji. I will let you know how it goes. 👍📷🎦

Hi Marty - this is my setting sheet - I would need to check, but I don't think a lot has changed since I wrote it.

----

Start in Creative Movie mode

Motion picture mode

photo style custom Cine-D CNED (connect wifi, handshake, upload)

contrast 0 , s/nr/sat -5

filter off

4k live crop off

snap off

rec format mp4

4k 30p (C1) 1080 60p (C1) 4k 30p (C3)

A or Manual exposure

high speed vid off

sensitivity 200 or auto

AF mode custom multi

AFS

continuous AF ON

metering multi

highlight shadows standard

I dynamic off

Iresolution off

Diff comp off

I zoom off

Digital zoom off

stabiliser on

silent op on

wind noise canceller off

custom

silent mode off

AF/AE AF lock

AF/AE lock hold on

shutter AF off

halfpress releas off

quick AF on

pinpoint AF time short

pinpoint af disp PIP

af assist lamp off

focuse release priority release

AF+MF on

MF assiist OFF or macro on

mf assist display pip

mf guide on

peaking on – set LOW (orange, red, pink or yellow)

histogram off

guide line grid

center marker on

highlight on

zebra pattern zebra 1 80% high

monochrome off

constant preview on

expo meter on

dial guide on

fn button fn1 AF- On fn2 AFL AEL Fn3 Q menu

zoom lever magnifying glass

lens position resume off