Panhandle Sub Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got my terminology wrong. I'm referring to something like what the Tampa Bay divers have.

Hey, Stasia.... Congrats on the 1000 post. You've got a long way to go to catch up to Denise though!:coffee:

oh wow look at that, thank you Barry. Proof that I spend way too much time on SB. I dunno, can we even get another group within the DDD? Is that allowed? There are still a lot of Floridian panhandlers who may not check this section so maybe I"ll start a thread there and see if goes anywhere.

Hey, What does everyone think about a sub group in Florida and maybe Deep Dixie called Panhandlers? I always question my posts as to if I should place them in Florida Conch, which those threads disappear in hours, or in Deep Dixie, any feedback?:confused:

we've tried this before, and was given excuses about adding new sub-forums...

Then finally we started a seperate thread abou it, started the discussion, and even had a vote... (sorta).

the vote was so screwed up that no one knew what they were voting on.... then several times during "vote", they changed the voting criteria ....

It was mass confusion and frustrating.

It was obivous (at the time) that folks in and diving in the Panhandle weren't a priority here...

Most folks gave up on it and for the Panhandle area, since a lot of the divers that use this area are north of the state line, just post in Deep Dixie.

anyway, this was several years ago.... I don't know if things will change any now or not...

I have said that the panhandle needs to be in DDD for years. I think we should call is Flora/Bama Divers or somthing along those lines.

I like the Flora/Bama reference.... :D

I for one ...think we need something to include the Panhandle with Deep Dixie. I usually post all of my dive trip plans and post dive reports on Deep Dixie because that is where I live. So much of my diving is around the Northwest Gulf Coast (which is only a couple of hours from me) that it is only natural to post on Deep Dixie. Threads about the Panhandle area seem to get lost in the Conch forum. I go to Florida Conch Forum when I am planning a trip in the middle and southern areas of Florida.

I for one ...think we need something to include the Panhandle with Deep Dixie. I usually post all of my dive trip plans and post dive reports on Deep Dixie because that is where I live. So much of my diving is around the Northwest Gulf Coast (which is only a couple of hours from me) that it is only natural to post on Deep Dixie. Threads about the Northern Florida Coastline seem to get lost in the Conch forum. I go to Florida Conch Forum when I am planning a trip in the middle and southern areas of Florida.

I agree.... threads about North Florida, specifically the Panhandle coastal and springs seem to get lost in FL Conch forum, but are greatly supported in the Deep Dixie Diver forum.

I have said that the panhandle needs to be in DDD for years. I think we should call is Flora/Bama Divers or somthing along those lines.

I agree that the Panhandle should just be a part of DDD. We don't need to start a new subgroup or social group or anything. I think that would be less confusing than having another place to look for and try to keep up with. Just change the wording:

Deep Dixie Divers "The south will dive again." Diving south of the Mason Dixon Line including Alabama, Southern Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee and the Florida Panhandle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom