Park Fee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine always makes it to shore with me and I have never seen one loose in the water.

I don't run around with scissors or a knife to cut them off, and I've found them not easy to tear off by hand. Full disclosure here -- The Mrs. admonished me this last trip to not throw fits in public. As usual, I listened to her wise counsel.

It's not the bracelets that are the problem, it is the little pieces of paper that cover the adhesive.

Most visitors stay for a week and dive 5 days. A weekly bracelet or tag would be a good solution.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they had tags that were good for a longer time, such as a year? So much less trash (in the ocean and landfills) and, for some, a nifty on-gear souvenir of Cozumel.

Day trippers could still use the wrist bands, but those here for longer periods could get ONE tag instead of several wrist bands.

I've been saying this for years! A tag system like Bonaire would be fantastic but I think part of the reason Cozumel hasn't implemented one is the fact that they see so many day trippers from cruise ships. A combination system would be great but I doubt it would happen anytime soon though. :-(

Does that include a chamber contribution, and do all chambers get a cut...??

Humm... Well, I don't know about chamber frees but that's the current price most ops are charging for park fees.

I've been saying this for years! A tag system like Bonaire would be fantastic but I think part of the reason Cozumel hasn't implemented one is the fact that they see so many day trippers from cruise ships. A combination system would be great but I doubt it would happen anytime soon though. :-(
Actually, a tag system was attempted several years ago - but for whatever reason it fizzled out and a working system was never implemented by the MP for this.

The whole bracelet system seems silly and wasteful to me. If the park is already managing the count of divers in the water and there are frequent bracelet shortages, why have the bracelets at all? Charge the fees, continue to do everything else already being done, but eliminate the bracelets. There is obviously some cost to get the things manufactured, which would be eliminated and result in extra money being available to the park.

Personally, I'd like to see ops just include the fee in the price of a trip. XX dollars + a $3 fee? Why not just add the $3 onto the trip cost and dispense with any possible confusion? Tourists like myself need not even be aware that we paid an extra fee.

My bracelet from today. Value without adjustment 31.01. Valve adjustment 31.00. Thank you for your contribution. Your contribution supports this Protected Area. www.conanp.gob.mx

Back
Top Bottom