"PCB Chick Dive" or "Boys Have Cooties"...a dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:lol::lol::lol:
not even with the chumming :evil:

Wayward Son:
We had out own fun out in the briney. I involved shooting barracuda, snapper & meeting inquisitive bull sharks. Too bad we were in state waters, the 1st one would have produced quite a supply of steaks :wink:

Was this on Span 14? Still full of barracuda? And bull sharks -- wow. Anyone get any pics?

Yes, 14. No jewfish this time, but plenty of cuda.

Managed to do a 2 tank dive trip yesterday to shoot some fish. The 1st dive was on a bridge span sunk in 73 feet of water. The only shootable fish I saw were barracuda. These are pretty good eating & fairly safe to eat up here so I shoot them when I get the chance. It gets a little sporty after the shot

The 1st one I saw was so big I decided I'd be worried about eating it, due to possible mercury buildup or ciguaterra toxin, so I passed. Then I saw a nice one, maybe 3 to 3 1/2 feet long & shot it. After getting it subdued & strung I decided to look for lobsters.

Made a full pass around the span without finding any & had plenty of gas left, so I picked another cuda & shot it. This one was a fair bit bigger, the shot wasn't quite as good & it got REAL sporty for a bit. I finally got him on my stringer & was starting to unwrap my spear from a steel beam when Fred came over & signalled that he'd seen a shark.

After getting my gun reloaded I looked around & found him, down on the sand. Pretty good size bull shark. Head was maybe 2 feet across. Guess she was maybe 8 ft or so long. I wasn't too bother by her, until she came up off the sand. Hmmmm, maybe she's iunterested in my bleeding barracuda hanging from my left side.

I eased down the span until I got to our downline, Fred & Jim were already there. No shark. So we eased up the line, did our safety stop & made it back in the boat without having to fight the shark & my fish uneaten. As this site is in FL state waters, shooting the shark for consumption is not legal. I can shoot or powerhead one defensively, but if I can't eat it I prefer to not shoot it. This one woulda made a LOT of steaks. Dunno how we would've gotten it in the boat...

Next drop was on a sunken Navy hovercraft, located maybe 800 yards from the 1st site. I missed one cuda at the start, then nailed a nice mangrove snapper. After a bit Fred came down. Towards the end of the dive he once again signalled "shark", so I look & bigger than bull squeeze, here comes not one but 2 bull sharks righ below us. As I'm once again the only one with a fish, that makes me "it". Look at my gauge, 600 lbs of nitrox left. Not enough to fart around with killing a shark, even if it had been legal to take one. So once again we made our way up, completed a safety stop & reboarded without problem.

The cuda were big enough that I had to cut them up to get them in a 48 qt cooler. Lots of fillets.

And not just a little bit of fun :D

I can't believe I let her get away with this thread for this long.

as I have heard it, baydive and friend had to cover for MDB. Seems MDB was in awe of all the boys on the beach, and couldn't quite make it to the water. Some sorry excuse about ear clearing or something. So, as my sources have informed me, Baydive came out of the water to see MDB surrounded by guys, admiring her lack of tanlines. I guess her bikini was still mostly on, but it seems to have some stretch to it.

Lucky for her she has actually snorkeled this site before, so she was able to bluff her way through a false dive report.

ha, MDB on a dive, a real dive, and not with guys all around to carry her gear. I will believe that, when dive shops give air away free!

you don't get free air? oh yeah you're full of HOT air.

we don't kiss and tell!!!! or should i say "i don't know what you are talking about" free air who gets free air

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom