PCB Jetties Shark Inhabitants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June 2007 we were out in the gulf about 3/4's of a mile along Shell Island. Tons of bait fish all along the shoreline. We spotted 5 Tigers about 5 to 7 ft long in 15 to 25 foot of water. No BS. We tried to maneuver the boat close enough to enjoy these beautiful creatures with very little luck. We at first thought they were Dolphins as they seemed to be playing in the waves (4 to 5 foot rollers that day) but were delighted to find out different. I tried to gear up and get in the water but they were not interested in us being around them at all. What a wonderful experience.

We moved back to the East jetty and enjoyed watching the Dolphins playing there before moving to the North side of Shell Island (in the bay) and followed 3 Rays (3 to 5 foot) along the channel before backing up to the beach and dropping anchor to swim and enjoy the water.

Followed a little Ray (8 to 12 in) around the sea grass and had a rather interesting encounter with a crab (all attitude). Discovered a lot of life in the sea grass found the holy grail of sand dollar beds (some of you will know right where I am at this point) and came back with a shell encrusted Coke bottle that sits in my window reminding me of this great day.

Best day ever at St. Andrews. This Muck Diver can't wait to get back in December.

Wow french...... what a great dive:wink: or day on the water :)

Just in case anyone had forgotten about this...

Look out for THESE guys out there!

sharkomg.jpg

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom