Peacock Springs Reopening...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On exit at The Eye today. There were 5 primary lines running in. And while on deco a sixth team was putting a line in. Total cluster there. The Ear wasn’t much better but only 3 lines there. 😳

There were 5 primary lines running in.
We need to once again show cave divers how to share primary reels/lines. IMO having five lines in the Eye there is more dangerous than having no lines at all, especially in the daytime hours.

Yep. That's the issue. Its not just people who have no business being in caves without some mentorship cause they only dive a cave once a year. It's also the people who have no idea about etiquette such as allowing an exiting team to have the right away.

Yeah, a lot of the the cave awareness and experience isn't there. Like if it isn't an emergency even exiting I approach restrictions with my light covered. Let the team that is already fighting the flow through. Or if we both end up in the restriction at the same time, knowing places where you can duck out of the flow to let the other teams through.

IMO having five lines in the Eye there is more dangerous than having no lines at all, especially in the daytime hours.

I've been caught on primary lines at least once this year that I can remember. And then once you get uncaught you have to go back and fix it so no one else gets caught.

At least little river wasn't so much crowded today, as ginnie, OG, and Madison the days before

We need to once again show cave divers how to share primary reels/lines. IMO having five lines in the Eye there is more dangerous than having no lines at all, especially in the daytime hours.

Can you expand on that? I assume you don't mean each member of the team was running their own line but there were 5 teams each who ran their own line? What do you suggest? Wait? Drop your cookie on some elses line and hope they leave it for you? Thankfully I've only been to JB when there was a bunch of lines, we just ran ours on the left side for more practice.

Drop your cookie on some elses line and hope they leave it for you?

Before the dive you see your friend Jane in the parking lot.
"Hey Jane it looks pretty busy today, can I use your primary reel on our dive?"
"Sure John, it has my initials on it. We'll cookie it, and if you don't see our cookies pull it, if we don't see yours we will pull it as well."

On exit at The Eye today. There were 5 primary lines running in. And while on deco a sixth team was putting a line in. Total cluster there. The Ear wasn’t much better but only 3 lines there. 😳

Were they poorly run? If they're down low and not crossing what's the issue?

Were they poorly run?
Yes...mid passage and flapping in the breeze.
Had they been down low and not interfering with other lines I would have made no reference to them.
It is a common problem more and more these days since every alphabet agency teaches cave diving.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom