Peacock Springs Reopening...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes...mid passage and flapping in the breeze.
Had they been down low and not interfering with other lines I would have made no reference to them.
It is a common problem more and more these days since every alphabet agency teaches cave diving.
Agree. I am not aware if the lines were student lines or out of state vacation cave divers. There is the reason the gold line ends in the cavern zone. So as to avoid the issue of multiple lines in a high flow congested area.

I think I understand why some of the old school crew are grumpy.

Was in OG yesterday (yes I know mistake). The parking lot was full, so I went around the parking lot to see if I recognized someone to share a reel, but I didn't see anyone I knew.

Went in, two teams of cavern students exiting, I laid my line having to cross under the only line that was going down the middle that just crossed over cutting out the left most path I was following it. A couple hundred feet in I see a stage that they didn't even attempted to put it on rock, just right in the silt.

The cave itself was pretty cloudy due to silt until the rocky section. We got to the Distance tunnel jump and had a rather pleasant dive there. Coming back I see this mass of lights heading down the tunnel and think "How many are in that team?" It was just two, but they had a primary on their hand and two helmet light each that they kept on constantly. Get to my reel and now there were five lines, and they all crossed over my line rather than under it.

:banghead:

I think I understand why some of the old school crew are grumpy.
Yea -- ^^^^ That.

I could go on.

Any word on P1? Or is it still a Double Grand Traverse kinda dive?

I was told that "they" were in there with chainsaws over the weekend.

I was told by someone who works with the parks regularly that the amount of tree work they’ve needed to do is immense and it requires climbers since they can’t get lifts in there. Supposedly set to be finished in the next 3 weeks. But we all know the wheels move slowly in government
My source is someone I know very well who spoke directly to park management whom they know very well. Added that Just for reference since I can confirm it’s not hearsay or third hand knowledge

Must have been a lot of trees...

Must have been a lot of trees...
I hadn't been up that way since it happened, just saw photos which did no justice. I was there last week and the road leading up to the park entrance looks very different now due to so many lost trees. In the park it's clear alot of damage was done and it just takes a long time to get fixed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom