Pearl Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jreihl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Pearl Lake's website says they are open for the season for diving. Anyone been there yet? How is the vis?

Isn't the vis in Pearl always the same: 30' for the first 5 divers, 3' for the rest?:biggrin:

ScubaRon:
Isn't the vis in Pearl always the same: 30' for the first 5 divers, 3' for the rest?:biggrin:

Im going there for the first time this saturday. Im doing it in a 2 piece 6.5mm wetsuit w/ a hood. Am I going to be albe to do it? This will be my first freshwater dive ever, what can I expect at pearl lake?

midwest diver:
Im going there for the first time this saturday. Im doing it in a 2 piece 6.5mm wetsuit w/ a hood. Am I going to be albe to do it? This will be my first freshwater dive ever, what can I expect at pearl lake?

You should be fine. I did Pearl this time last year and wore a two piece 7mil. The only thing that got cold was my feet.

Have fun.

Duane

I was there yesturday, may 1st. 20- 25 feet of vis. Water temp 57 at surface and around 52-55 at depth. (40 was the deepest I went).

I've been to Haigh twice this year. Temps and vis are pretty close to Pearl. Although Haigh was 30+feet on the deep side.

My next trip will be to Pearl for an change of scenery. So how were you with the cold? I dive wet too and was chilly in between dives.

jreihl:
I've been to Haigh twice this year. Temps and vis are pretty close to Pearl. Although Haigh was 30+feet on the deep side.

My next trip will be to Pearl for an change of scenery. So how were you with the cold? I dive wet too and was chilly in between dives.

wasnt cold in between dives because i sat in the tent with propane heaters :D ... the air temp was colder than the water temp though. You should be fine to do pearl in a wetsuit this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom