Peleliu in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Palau at the end of the month, unhappily without the possibility to go on a liveaboard ( too expensive ). It seems that the best way forr me would be to go on Peleliu and dive from there; but i just cannot reach Maml divers ( no answer after 3 Emails ). From Koror, it seems not that easy to make 3 day dives a day and everything seems more expensive... so if anyone knowing Peleliu and koror can help me..... Anyone heard about Wenty's?? Some cheap restaurants in Peleliu?? I even couldn' find the schedule of the public boat....

Sam's tours will take you. It's a little bit extra, "fuel supplement" and make it an all day affair. Take a raincoat, you are in the elements. Have a sausage. Take a snack. Ride the roller coaster. The West Plaza Malakal is about 70/night and very nice, waliking distance to Sam's. Try Neco Marine or Fish n fins also if Sam's schedule no good for you, I think they go like two or three days a week or so....Oh, I see you are French! Call Tovat (sp?) at Fish and Fins.

We had a great time at Storyboard Resort / Peleliu Divers in 2001. Unfortunately their website is in Japanese... Godwin is a great divemaster. The place is simple and rustic, there's almost nothing to do except dive or hang out, and it's about the hottest place I've ever been. Nothing fancy, but I'll go back next time we're in Palau. The local WWII history tour is interesting and worthwhile.

Peleliu Express and Yellow Wall are really exciting, high-current dives, but lots of fun. Doing the safety stop in endless blue water is an experience.

Food was good. The extra-price crab dinner was exceptional. Bat soup wasn't delicious, but it's something we'll never forget...

I already tried batsoup long time ago. About Storyboard it seems that they have mixed reviews: everybody say Godwin is great, but the "resort" .... i will maybe try to dive with them but to stay somewer else : and it s why i was asking if someone has heard about wenty's for exemple. there's different place to stay on the east point of the island and A/C - hot water, 2 or 3 differents place to eat a1 or 2 shops to buy a bottle of water or some food seems more convenient for me as i travel alone.
About Peleliu, is there some nice beach? have you see the other dive op ( Maml divers ) if yes how was them??

We just left Palau last Thursday and dove with Neco. We were with a group of 16 and went on thier big boat with Chris and Selena. Both were attentive and great at pointing out the small things. They also offer aluminum 100's for those of us who may need a few more cubes of air, at no additional charge.

I would go back and use them again in a heartbeat.

NECO was able to put together a peleliu trip for me. I really wanted to take the land tour. We did one dive at Yellow Wall at the island. Two of us took the tour, which was nice. The others on the boat did another dive while we took the tour. We then went to German Channel and dove with a family of Mantas. What a great day. There was an extra charge for distance there. I also checked into an airplane charter, it was much higher (expense and of course altitude) and no diving at the island. I hope you enjoy your trip.

dnhill

Back
Top Bottom