"Pelham Keys" do-over "skip-work-and-dive" afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it does sound interesting. We did our certs in 58-59 water on the beach in California... 1-2' vis. I'm going to see what my husband wants to do. I'd assume that we'd want a 7 mm or 9mm suit for this. I don't have my own rig, yet, but DH does. He only has a 3mm, but renting a suit wouldn't be too expensive. :wink:

You looking at this week or next week? From NOLA it should be about 5 hours according to my calculations on google maps.

Hmmm.... I'm game, but I don't know if hubby is. Plus, he did just drop $600 on his gear this week. :D

You planning to make this a regular thing?

Sorry if this isn't clear, I just had my second beer, and things are a tiny bit fuzzy at the moment. :wink:

They rent 5mm at the site... they seem to think that's enough.. I'm a warm water wuss myself... I'll be trying out my new 7mm.. I rented one a few weeks ago and I was fine except my hands, head, and face....

I'm looking at every week 'till ~~Christmas :D

clear enough..

considering the long drive, you might want to make it a weekend trip.. I'm up for that too,,, on some weekends...

I go to the lake most sunny weekends...:D

Beer. Where is mine? The coldest I've seen it at ABWA is 51f. That was at 110 ft and the air temp that day was 42f.

I am still interested in this idea. If this thread will live lone enough to get it going.

I'll be there this Friday.. around 3-3:30.. I'll probably be down at the dock playing with lead...

I'll be diving 32% O2 so I'll staying above 100"

Bummer... maybe next Friday......
maybe I'll catch up with you on one of your "extreme drive and dive" excursions.. :)

I'm in a green (blue-green) jeep and on my way...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom