"Pelham Keys" do-over "skip-work-and-dive" afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope you are having a great dive! We'll definitely have to head up that way one of these days. Hubby works on weekends, so we're usally best to catch Wed-Fri. :)

Coldest I've ever experienced Pelham was 56 degrees off the wall, at 110'.

I prefer staying at 35' 5o 40' (the trucks and boats to the right of the dive platform)... However, in a 5mm, I'm fine down to the school bus (at about 70'). Nothing much to see below that, anyway...

Well... I was solo on the first ever "skip-work-and-dive the Pelham Keys" afternoon..
max depth 70'
min temp 59ºF
vis @ 66' around 30-40'
Saw a car, sail boat, bus, and some kind of large metal box... oh,, and some fish..
the puppy's getting big and having fun.
All in all it was better than not diving at all..
I now know how my new 7mm w/hood will react at depth and on ascent... and how much weight it takes to sink it...

bcrab63:
I am a fairly new diver, but would be interested in meeting you out there one afternoon around 4pm.
I'll be there again this Friday the 27th.. you're welcome to join me/us.. whoever shows up. I'm shooting for a 3-4 arrival time.

I can't do it this week. We are heading to Mobile Friday after work. Next Friday looks like a go.

next Friday I'll be in Pensacola .. what's going on in Mobile? Diving?

RV:
I'll be there again this Friday the 27th.. you're welcome to join me/us.. whoever shows up. I'm shooting for a 3-4 arrival time.
I can't this Friday, but maybe next week? Are you going anytime this weekend?

If I don't go to the lake I'll go to blue water.. too early to tell.. the weather so far says "lake".. I'll be in Pensacola Aug 1-6.. so maybe Aug 8,9,or 10 for a skip work and dive day...

RV:
next Friday I'll be in Pensacola .. what's going on in Mobile? Diving?

Mother in Laws Birthday. I will also be taking my 11 year old and my nephew to see Transformers.

Have fun in Pensacola. I wish I was going there instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom