Perdix and Mac-Dive (iOS or MAC)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The app is an iphone app. Its an extra 9.99 but well worth it. Its synchronized perfectly in the cloud (via dropbox). But I think there is a known issue that is detailed on the macdive blog. I am pretty sure the same will apply to the iPad.

Agree. They are wonderful. I've solved most of issues. I think this software will only get better thanks to the developer.

I'd love to get a Perdix, but I so love having all my info, including air pressure, in one place. I really wish Shearwater could have AI for recreational use.

Up to getting my Perdix I was diving with my Oceanic VT 3 which as you know an AI computer. I do understand your logic and also debated getting the Perdix or not for lack of AI feature. But what made me change was the fact that:
1. I needed a back up computer (my VT3 will be back up now) for when I travel and do multiple dives on each dayI cannot afford to loose function of one computer making me wait 24 hours to get zero nitrogen levels.
2. I use tank factors to quickly calculate amount of air left in my tank my looking at my SPG. If you want me to explain more, send me a PM.
3. The Perdix is so well made and feature rich in addition to being user friendly that I do not regret getting it one bit.
Look at the videos on YouTube on Perdix made by shearwater. Its hard not to fall in love with it.

Last edited:
Anyone able to establish a bluetooth connection with the App on the iphone?

I did this today. It was very easy and worked without any issues.

Hi friends:
I got my beautiful Perdix yesterday. I am amazed at its quality and craftsmanship. Will dive with it this coming week.

Anyone know how to upload files to Mac-Dive on desktop app or iOS app. I saw that the desktop is probably not supported for now (on Mac-Dive). The iOS bluetooth on my iphone does not connect to the perdix. Wonder what others have done using this combination of software and hardware. If I can get the stuff onto the iOS, then it will cloud sync with the desktop easy.

thanks
how did yo manage to put your dive logs into iCloud from the shearwater desktop?

Ok here we go:
1. Make sure Blue-tooth is on on your mac
2. Turn MadDive on
3. In Perdix go to logs and click next to get files to upload. And click upload.
4. In MacDive, click Get Dives. A dialog box opens, make sure you have the correct settings. Also make sure you have the latest MacDive.

There is no reason to manually pair the devices.

Once your dives are there go in MacDive preferences and syc with dropbox.
Then go in iphone or ipad and sync with dropbox.

So as you see its quite simple. Once in a blue moon, the sync won't work. I found that turning blue tooth off and then off helps reset it.

Up to getting my Perdix I was diving with my Oceanic VT 3 which as you know an AI computer. I do understand your logic and also debated getting the Perdix or not for lack of AI feature. But what made me change was the fact that:
1. I needed a back up computer (my VT3 will be back up now) for when I travel and do multiple dives on each dayI cannot afford to loose function of one computer making me wait 24 hours to get zero nitrogen levels.
2. I use tank factors to quickly calculate amount of air left in my tank my looking at my SPG. If you want me to explain more, send me a PM.
3. The Perdix is so well made and feature rich in addition to being user friendly that I do not regret getting it one bit.
Look at the videos on YouTube on Perdix made by shearwater. Its hard not to fall in love with it.

This is great to hear, I too have been diving with the Oceanic VT3 for years and have been on the fence about getting the Perdix. Just this past weekend I went diving at Ginnie Springs with a guy that has the Perdix and I was amazed at how easy it was to read, it was brilliantly lit with a great contrast in colors that made it extremely easy to read at a glance. I guess there's no reason why I couldn't continue to dive with both and use the VT3 as my backup.

Last edited:
Good to know DMDavid. I think you have a nice plan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom