Perhentian Trip Report - Jul 5-7.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neve,

For the redang trip, I could shave you btw RM20-50 off the package. But no transport up and back provided. The resort will be redang bay resort, with 4 dives. Can actually check out www.wetworks.com.sg for the details or just email me.

As for the wetsuit, ..... sigh, I really should have invested in a good 0.5mm wetsuit if I plan to dive more in this region. But then again, I got myself a Farmer John and a rash guard already and unless the weather starting getting colder, thats what I plan to wear.

Your other trips .... definitely also on my agenda. Was going to drop by Bali and Lombok as I got this free ticket but could not find time to squeeze it in. Needed to drop by my dive operator in Bali and also planning to learn to surf while I am there.

:)
Also, my buddies and I were actually planning Similan/ Surin for december but I am considering doing my IDC in Manado .... so ...I don't know .... still undecided. :)

Bfwolf ... I guess you miss the jellies becoz when I was there ... hell, they were all over the place ...gives me the jitters right now thinking of them ..... :D

Savant

I would love to take a drip in Perhentian before the season ends, but as mentioned , my buddies are heading perhentian on Nat day & I can't join them ;-0 .. so no KAKIs to go with,can't expect them to go with me again :(

well... guess I''ll have to wait for the next session or unless..when they returned they are soooo....in love with perhentian that they organise another :D or found new Kakis :D

will see abt it

ciao

animian,

I have found most divers to be somewhat more friendly than non-divers.... probably because of the 'buddy' concept which makes us (at least made me) more aware of others. This is why I don't even think twice about going on a trip alone (usually organised by my LDS). I have made quite a lot of friends this way, and they can be potential buddies in the future. Although I do have regular buddies that I usually go on trips with, there's no harm in making more friends. Don't hesitate, if you really want to go, just do it.

Let me know if you need recommendations about friendly dive operators in Singapore/Bali/Perhentian. I'd be glad to introduce you to them.

See ya underwater!

:)

I think I read somewhere in an article claiming that divers are one of the most fun groups of people to hang out with .... :)

Maybe its the 'dangers' that we face whenever we go under ... who knows .....

Totally agreed with u that divers are one of the most fun groups of people to hang out with :wink: cos we are buddies who braved the "danger" together :D

I actually made a lot of divers friends when I picked up this sport alone (none of my friends are divers) and I'm glad that I have listened to my on-line buddy's advice. If not for her, I would have continue postponing learning cos no KAKIs to start the sport with :wink:

And I sure look forward to noe more... cool & friendly pple to hang out with :cool:

As for perhentian... well see...who noe, I might head for it...before the season end :D

ciao and happy diving

Hi, I will be leaving for perhentian in a week's time but i haven't got the bus tickets yet. May i know how much does it cost and where to get it?

thanks

You can get the bus tickets from Lavender bus station, price for return tickets should be about S$70.

Hi, Neve,

I am pleasantly surprised of your description of Sugar Wreck!
I dived at Sugar Wreck in August 2001, and have never wanted to visit that dive site again. I always remember that dive because it was such a disaster - very poor visibility that was further compounded by divers with poor buoyancy control, and the wreck had supposedly sank not too long ago so there wasn't much marine life there. In the end, we ascended early, totally bored.
I haven't been back to Perhentian since Mar 2002... maybe it's time for another visit. :)

My first experience at Sugar Wreck in 2003 was similar...bad vis, saw more divers there then marine life, everyone in our group lost their buddy so we had to abort our dive shortly after descend. But I gave it a 2nd chance when I went to Perhentian on the labour day wkend this yr...was surprised that I actually enjoyed my dive! :thumb: Perhaps it's time u make a trip back to Perhentian again!

Lets go diving! :fish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom