Perhentian Trip Report - Jul 5-7.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_cat_keeper:
So Evil, when are you going to Perhentian? :wink:

Not sure if can afford the leave to make the trip this yr, no more long wkend before the monsoon, so gotta take at least 1 day leave. U interested? :eyebrow:

Evil:
Not sure if can afford the leave to make the trip this yr, no more long wkend before the monsoon, so gotta take at least 1 day leave. U interested? :eyebrow:
Haven't been there for a long time... 1-day leave should not be a problem :eek:P but got to think really hard with the Maldives trip coming up... maybe make it the first trip of next year? Or find a way to squeeze in the trip in October?

Tioman Tiger reef rocks! One of the best dive site I've been. Incredible colours, sealife.....

As for wet suit, I used to wear shorties when I started diving. Now I strongly recommend full suit, with a pair of glove. Either it is 1mm or 3mm is OK. If you do multiple dives a day, on the 3 day, you will feel it, even it is warm water diving. The water is still colder than your body temp. The suit will keep you warm.

More importantly, the suit will protect your skin. Depends on the season, you will come across microp, tiny jellies, stingers... all kind of stuff that can sting you. If you happen to come across strong current and fighting your way back, full suit protect your whole body from scratches and cuts from the corals, with glove, you can at least grip on something without hurting your hand. While it is important not to touch the corals, you may have no choice in an emergency situation.

It is a wise investment for a full suit and a pair of glove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom