Perilymph Fistula Surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Claudia, thanks for your reply. I'm glad you got a diagnosis. I know what you mean about surgery though. It is hard weighing the pros and cons. Hopefully the answer will come to you.

We're still waiting things out for a couple more weeks before seeing the doctor, then I suppose we'll come up with a plan. I'm finding the restrictions are tough for an 8 year old to follow, though our son is trying hard to do his best.

Pls keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Thanks,
Nicole

Hello

Went for a second opinion and was Dx. with 'MIGRAINES" (MAV). the Dr. believes I have "Migraines" because based on my health history reports that I provided...and my [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][/FONT][/FONT](brain & inner ear canal) & CAT Scan (inner ear) films and medical notes they all state - "NORMAL" and my overall health records (LABWORK) is NORMAL. In addtion, at the age of 36. So he didn't see how any of my symptoms relate to a PLF. He also mentioned that he didn't see a PLF in my film charts. So makes no sense to him that inner ear surgery was recommended. Then provided me some brochures on Migraines[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][/FONT][/FONT]" and went into explaining his Dx.

I did mention that I don't understand how Migraines have anything to do with me fighting off the feeling of lightheadedness on daily basis after walking for only 15 minutes. And constantly struggling with brain fogginess, “woozy”, floating sensations, extreme fatigue when only doing simple things like grocery shopping, having difficult times in large crowds, around loud noise. And by the way, all these symptoms started January 2008, after a strenuous weight training (sit ups w weights) and once done....when I stood up - BAM! I was never the same again. Before then I was perfectly fine.

After my spill, he just mentioned that Migraines occurs at anytime and dont always associate w/ pain. So I just listened and took the brochures and left. I felt it was no need to try and keep prolonging his opinion. Well at this point, I am not sure what to do but keep trying. So I plan to go for a 3rd opinion.

I can say that I am totally confused now since the 1st Dr. told me that he wouldn't be able to see the PLF because it's such a small tear. So basically the surgery would be a gamble , but he really believes PLF is what causing my symptoms esp, since all other vital organs and health history is NORMAL. However, I wasn't too comfy with him due to his customer service and how he acts irritable and annoyed when questioning concerns about the surgery. So this is why I was searching for other Dr. opinions.

Anywho, I am now back where I have started.

I hope all is well w/ everyone!

Claudia

Back
Top Bottom