Pet safety peeves--no debating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
yea, I want him in ...the cult.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Coach is already in...

Divers who don't know universal signals
Diver's that expect to much of little of newbies (like me)
Ill fitting or worn out gear

...heard that!

Supernal:
Divers who forget that they too were newbies once.

3. People that add 1-2 feet to whatever dangerous creature they saw to their non-diving drinking buddies without checking if anyone that dove with them is in earshot! (i.e. 8 foot Reef shark.. MAY have been 5-6, 4 foot 'cuda...probalby like this side of 3!)

1) Know it all, been there, done that DM's that think that they are "Master" divers
2) Shop monkeys

1) People who don't know where their fins are or what they're doing. You know the ones, they'll come out of nowhere, maul you to get past, smack you silly with their flippers on the way by and then disappear in a cloud of silt. After the dive they will recall none of this.

2) Divers who view this as a competition sport.

R..

DMs who race around the reef. I've been with some that admit to me they burn around, especially on the second dive, to shorten the dive by getting thier clients to go through more air. I usually just wave goodbye.

Gloved divers that grab everything in sight.

tjmills:
Like many others........and no, I don't necessarily think these are always related.

THE EYES!!!!! (Love the new Avatar)

Ok, back on subject....

1. People who go on advanced dives by overstating their abilities and bringing the whole group to a standstill or better yet, raise the anxiety level of everyone when they discover the real truth at the wrong time....at the dive site. Item #2 below can apply but sometimes it just doesn't.

2. As above, people who complain and ***** about new divers instead of just taking a few minutes to help them. More new divers equals more cool equipment in the future and more dive ops to choose from and keeps the cost down for all of us. I love new divers even if I have to take up my time to help them. So...l.quit your *****in if you haven't tried to help them.

3. People who just don't care about the damage they do by grabbing onto and dragging across the reef even when they know this isn't acceptable. But yes, Item #2 can still apply here if they just don't know and more often than not they really don't.

OOH OOH. I forgot one big one.

4. PADI & People who really think that a Mask on the Forehead (MOF) is actually a sign of a diver in distress. Man, if that is your sign for a distressed diver...you really aren't paying attention. JMHO.

-Diver's who have been resort trained from open water through to advanced, who have only ever dived a few times in tropical waters, claim they have dived to 130ft and then find themselves unable to work their inflator at the bottom of the Great Lakes with three fingered gloves. Where they then shoot to the surface like a pair of missles from 80ft.:11:

-Unaware/caring buddies.....<<<---BAD:shakehead

Back
Top Bottom