Pet safety peeves--no debating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks.

1 - People holding onto power inflator like it's a life line for the entire dive and using it incorrectly most of the time
2 - Buddy not staying close by then freaking out and ascending when they have a problem. Could have resolved it if you were close and I could assist.

I think that people just don't give a damn- when I see these kind of whimsical threads with 'rules' I am more tempted to break them. And when I see the OP trying to moderate their thread.... I think I am not alone in wanting to cause just a little bit of keyboard-rage.

Another peeve I see is the disrespect of some tourists in foreign countries towards the locals. Depending on the country, i think this qualifies as a safety concern.

One more peeve is unrealistic expectations either underwater or on land. The backpacker to 'flashpacker' phenomenon where more and more people expect conveniences like hot running water 24/7, electricity 24/7, wifi, cable TV etc. in these far-flung places around the world. Rather than going out and getting dirty, they sit inside and blog about their cultural experiences based on reviews on the lonely planet forum. Underwater they want mantas, turtles, dolphins and whales but in 30 degree water, 30m viz, zero current, within a 10min boat-ride from the hotel because they feel queasy on water.

+1 on the self moderated thread. Come on now girlie.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom