"peta"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mermaid71

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any "PETA" supporters out there?
Just curious as to how many divers out there are also "PETA" supporters.
I'm interested in hearing different perspectives as to why you support or do not support this organization.

Any "PETA" supporters out there?
Just curious as to how many divers out there are also "PETA" supporters.
I'm interested in hearing different perspectives as to why you support or do not support this organization.

I'm not a supporter of theirs. In general, I think the idea is a good one but they've taken it to unreasonable extremes and, to be fair, maybe I'm just seeing the results of their wacko members which all groups have a few of.

I am a Person and I love to Eat Tasty Animals. I have never understood all the controversy.

Thanks for the post. Yes in general PETA has become overly extreme. While I believe most people are in favor of the "Ethical treatment of Animals", PETA has become more of a religious organization where many follow their teachings blindly not understanding PETAs true goals.
One of the things that bothers me the most about PETA is the way they condemn zoos. It is true that historically zoos opened to entertain people using animals and they really did not focus on the welfare of the animals; however, today the best zoos in the country are institutions focused on conservation, educating the public (not entertaining the public) and captive breeding. I believe that there will be a time when zoos with be the only means of preventing extinction of various species. With the ever increasing population of humans the natural habitats of many species are being eradicated. As the population of humans increases so does their need for housing. Zoos (or wild animal parks) will be the only solution.
Also, PETA supporters who claim to have the animals welfare at heart are the same people who go to zoos and try to kill the animals which are exhibited (such as by throwing razorblades into sea lion pools). It is their belief that zoo animals would be better off dead than in zoos.
I will also include here that I believe some "PETA" supporters are just misinformed as to the PETA true intentions and are part of the organization because they truely are interested in the welfare of animals.
I welcome any and all feedback to this post.

I am a Person and I love to Eat Tasty Animals. I have never understood all the controversy.

PETA has made eating animals to be a moral issue. Anyone who eats meat is BAD, BAD, BAD :no. Whereas, I have no problem eating meat as long as it is not from an endangered species.

I remember an article where the woman who was the head of the organization or at least very high up was going to auction off a tattoo she had on her arm. Supposedly after she died you would get the skin from her arm that had the tattoo on it. I though that would be a good thing to laminate on the stock of a deer rifle or shotgun used for hunting rabbits and squirrels. Bunch a freakin nutjobs. I do not condone the abuse of animals in any way. But they go way over the line with some of their crap. And BTW if any one of those nutjobs threw paint on my wife's fur. I'd make sure I made them bleed.

We humans have to someday acknowledge we are PART of this planet and the food chain. We are not some alien species introduced and taking over the planet through some subversive means. We evolved here too. Do we have faults? Could we improve? Sure. But I will not live as if I am some alien parasite that has invaded this planet. We were selected for. Someday the winds of selection may change. We will see. Until then, I will not apologize for my existence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom