PG: Club Mabuhay vs. Portofino

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow... never seen you so worked up on an operation, chip...

"horrid" mustn't even come close...

Jag
yeah, it was the level of incompetency that got to me. In other places, maybe they were a bit slow or maybe they had 1 or 2 incompetent staffers. But man, the entire resort staff acted a bit off.

Anyway, I'm over it now. Lesson learned. :)

<taking notes>

We were there two weeks ago and it was not a good experience. We stayed one night and left because the service was very bad. We moved to Asia Diver.

We like Asia Divers/El Galleon too...good people

yeah, it was the level of incompetency that got to me. In other places, maybe they were a bit slow or maybe they had 1 or 2 incompetent staffers. But man, the entire resort staff acted a bit off.

Anyway, I'm over it now. Lesson learned. :)

Thanks for the feedback Chip, another place to avoid.

Wow, I didn't see these posts until now, I ended up staying at Mabuhay for 3.5 days until last Wed early morning. The rooms, meals, and service were all decent. ( I got 11 dives over 3 days.) However my friends' rental gear was crappy. Crappy fin strap broke and they charged for it, another friend got a reg that got tight at 1000 psi.

Chip, I was there this past Saturday through Wed early morning. I don't know if you noticed, on some dives I went with a pair of tech divers with twin tanks, our DM was Raymond.

Wow, I didn't see these posts until now, I ended up staying at Mabuhay for 3.5 days until last Wed early morning. The rooms, meals, and service were all decent. ( I got 11 dives over 3 days.) However my friends' rental gear was crappy. Crappy fin strap broke and they charged for it, another friend got a reg that got tight at 1000 psi.

Chip, I was there this past Saturday through Wed early morning. I don't know if you noticed, on some dives I went with a pair of tech divers with twin tanks, our DM was Raymond.
11 dives over 3 days - pretty sweet Jason! Glad to hear Club Mabuhay worked out for you. How'd you find puerto galera?

We were there Saturday until tues but didn't spend much time on the resort after having to deal with some of the antics. I dove out of SeaRiders just down the way so we probably missed each other. Did you dive out of CM's dive shop or Wonderland?

edit: thinking about it, I saw two sets of twins sitting outside CM's dive shop.

Big La Laguna Beach Club hotel was good, staff were great, food okay, dive center was fine, pool was great for kids, and the beach is nice as it gets in that part, being a bit away from Sabang.

11 dives over 3 days - pretty sweet Jason! Glad to hear Club Mabuhay worked out for you. How'd you find puerto galera?
I had an awesome 4 days, with one "Dive of Death" (another post). BTW I've done PG way back in 1999.

Did you dive out of CM's dive shop or Wonderland?
CM.

Back
Top Bottom