PG: Club Mabuhay vs. Portofino

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a good experience dining in Mabuhay. I think the food is great, expecially the Bulgogi with all of the 5 side dishes and soup . Just for around P 250 I think which includes rice. I think the resto likes to cater more to the koreans, or maybe me and my buddy are chinese and they mistake us for Koreans so they give us better service. ( just my thought).

I haven't stayed in either hotel, but I ate at the Portofino I thought the food was excellent.

the toilette bowl smelling - and I cringe to say this - like HOT CROTCH when we got there AND continuing to smell like HOT CROTCH after telling them to *******king clean the *******king thing over and over again[/b]

HOT CROTCH

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Another vote for LBC and El Galleon here. Only regularly stay at El Galleon, but then, I do get a discount as a regular...

Out of the Blue has far and away the best accommodation I've seen in the area, but bookings are hard to come by, and there's no restaurant.

Atlantis has a good few fans, but I prefer to stay on the quieter side of the beaches, because I am so timid and retiring by nature.

just got back from PG 2 days ago... as usual stayed at EG and dived w. Asiadivers. we saw 14 divers on Mabuhay's dive boat......

During August 08 I stayed at the Portofino and dove with Action Divers. I had one of the large studios in the back and I was very comfortable. A quiet location. Breakfast was included in my package and it worked for me. I ate two dinners at the Portofino and both were very good (I liked to try different places for dinner). It was an easy and very short walk to Action Divers. Via email I made all my reservations through Action Divers and it was a smooth process; including my transportation between Manila and PG. I would use both establishments again. If I were to try a different place it would be El Galleon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom