PG or Dumaguete in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhoody- I just looked up Thalatta and it looks amazing! I'll definitely look into booking there- the hubby seems to be leaning towards DUMA over PG and Davao after we talked over pros/cons.

Any more info on Dumaguete, please pass it on! You guys are the best!

Rhoody- I just looked up Thalatta and it looks amazing! I'll definitely look into booking there- the hubby seems to be leaning towards DUMA over PG and Davao after we talked over pros/cons.

Any more info on Dumaguete, please pass it on! You guys are the best!

your welcome anytime, when you mail them give Patrick (the owner) my regards. He and his lovely wife are very nice persons (what is absolutely not normal for french guys... :mooner: )
But they are so nice and run a great place that I promote them, even without having them as a sponsor on my website about Dumaguete, which will answer your second question about Dumaguete... :D

Rhoody forgot to say that Atlantis-Dumaguete has the best Divemasters in the area.:eyebrow:

Hehehe... let's say some of the best. I remember a tiny guy from my times there, who tries to copy me now, at least weight-wise... hehe

But it is fact, that the DM's of Atlantis (and other bigger shops) are great to dive with, as they are each day several times in the water AND share their knowledge about the dive-sites with each other. So they know the secrets of each single dive-spot better than a DM who only jumps in the water twice a week. so at the end

Good for you...

Rhoody

Final question- hopefully.

I'm looking on the maps and Thalatta is outside the Dauin area. Will it be a long banca ride to get to the good dive sites from Thalatta's beach-- it seems like everything is a stone's throw from Atlantis. I don't mind 15-20 minute rides out, but anything more than 30 mins and I start getting seasick from the boat (ya, I know, stupid right?)

Thanks for all the help!

No, It won't be longer to the divesites from Thalatta than ATL

Thalatta is closer to the dive-sites following DS: Maayong Tubig, Bahura, Masplod Norte,Masaplod Sur and APO Island

Same distance to Dauin Sur

Atl is closer to ATL housereef, Eldorado/PVida-HR, car-Wrecks, Dauin Norte,Mainit and The Pier.

APO from Thalatta is about 20-25 minutes

cheers

Rhoody

go for dumaguete!!!
ive been there 4 times and i just love it
diving in apo reef is amazing, many big fish and beautiful soft corals.
ive never seen so many frogfish before :)
dauin is also good and there is also a pier ( iforgot the name) where divers frequent. apparently there are unique coral growths in the wooden beams of this pier ( i havent been there)

aside from diving you can go:
dolhpin watching which includes a buffet lunch trip to a 4km sandbar
the numerous waterfalls - beautiful and near the city
take a walking tour to siliman university
have dinner in many good restos
go caving in bayawan which you rapel down and has an underground waterfall and beautiful stalagmites
go walk along the boardwalk
go white water kayaking ( definitely not for beginners)
canyoning
take a serene boat ride in their twin lakes
take a 1 hr boat ride to siquijor - the old spiritual capital of the philippines with local witches, great scenery, and amazing diving ( so ive heard)
and much more!!!

i consider dumaguete the adventure capital of the philippines. it would make a totally kickass honeymoon imho
atlantis is definitely on the more expensive side id suggest you look elsewhere
pm me if you need some local contacts :)

cheers

edit: the pier is ducomi pier :)

Last edited:
haha yeah apo island :)

apo reef is pg side hehe thanks for the correction rhoody

offtopic:
im trying to organize another trip to dumaguete but i wouldnt mind doin apo reef sometime soon

Finally booked! 5 days/4 nights in Dauin, staying with the El Dorado resort. I've been searching the board for reviews, and it seems like Dive Society is a good operator?

We decided to stay in Dauin b/c Zamboanguita is a little too far for us to go into Dumaguete at night easily- we like seclusion, but maybe not that much! Also, we wanted to be closer to Ducomi and the other dive sites in the northern part of the area. Too bad though, because Thalatta resort really looks beautiful.

Thanks again for your help! if you have any tips on where to eat/drink GOOD local Negros food in Duma and around, please let me know :wink: No tourist traps!

Back
Top Bottom