Philippine Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry, have been diving and not checking the site. if it is not too late seriously consider the rags ii out of puerto galera. the price is right, the boat is right, the management is right - basically it is all right. we will do our third trip with them in april - 10 days around mindoro. google '"rags ii" philippines'. pm me for more info.

Any other recommendations for a budget traveler? I am specifically looking to go in December 2015. Everything I am finding seems to be on the luxurious side.

Just a suggestion but if you are at all flexible on your travel dates, December is high season. Maybe later in the season? Things slow down towards the end of May. I've gone in late May/early June and also late October/early November. Technically getting into part of typhoon season, but a lot of places are still diveable even during a typhoon, as long as it's not passing directly over you :wink: During Christmas and Easter which are big holidays in the Philippines may not be the best if you want to save money...

Do you have any specific destinations that you are interested in? Almost everywhere has a low budget option if you don't mind roughing it a bit :wink:

I'd suggest a search of the board first as many questions have already been answered. The Philippines is spread out and with over 7100 islands there are a lot of potential destinations :) When you narrow it down to what you want to see and where you'd like to go then I'm sure people could make more specific suggestions :) There are many people here who would be happy to help. Just start a thread on what you want :)

Any other recommendations for a budget traveler? I am specifically looking to go in December 2015. Everything I am finding seems to be on the luxurious side.
Places for budget traveller:
1. Bohol(Alona Beach)
2. Dumaguete(Harold's Mansion)
3. Moalboal(Nelson's place)
4. Puerto Galera(Frontier, Sabang Inn, Sea Rider and South Sea).
5. Subic Bay(Johan)
You can easily link up the first three places by bus/ferry while it is a tedious 7hrs journey between the last two.
Early reservation is advisable for Dec.

Hello,

I would highly recommend, this 4 day dive safari from El Nido to Coron:

Divers Destinations -The Philippines - Palawan Diving

I also did one in the Visayas from Moalboal to Sipajur, I'd have to research which company that was with though because I wasnt very impressed and dont recall off the top of my head.

I do know that Submariner dive shop and the divemaster I dove with on the safari posted above in my above blog now has a company operating out of Bohol and they may be doing safaris out to Balicasag.

We toured the Atlantis Azores Liveaboard while we were in Dumaguete a couple of weeks ago. The captain's a kick. The boat is nice, although the starboard cabins are kind of low on storage space. The people getting off the boat had spent a week on it, including Tubbataha, and they had a fabulous time. The Atlantis land operations are first class, so I would expect the boat is similar.

Hey there, I just finished up my blog write ups for my month I spent traveling and diving in the Philippines... Its only six posts, so wont take long to browse through it but it might give you some ideas on where you want to go under water as well as during your surface intervals :)

Philippines

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom