Photo Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy:
I don't think they're too up for leaning the theory. When I mentioned "a morning of theory lessons", I kind of got a "ya what" response! :11:

This is the number one problem with this course...a lot of people only want to magically take magazine quality pics. They do not want to learn anything or take the time to get things right. On land they can point and shoot and viola - great photos (OK, good photos). But underwater it's a whole new ballgame.

So far one of the most effective techniques I have found to get around this at least a little is to start out with all the "before" shots (of past students or ones that I have gone out and shot for this purpose)...then briefly talk about one or two slight modifications they can make to creat the "after" shot. I also have the "keeper" shots that come from lots of practice, patience and practice!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

chippy:
You guys are all more than welcome to come along, just remember to pack the drysuits, hoods and gloves :wink: ...
I think I just found a reason to drop the course :D.
Good luck and give us a report when you're back on dry ground.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom