Photos From My Last Weekend Trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dennis - I'm sure you're gonna have a blast here, Malaysia has some of the best muck diving in the world. :wink:

FB - Muck diving is a good thing, so is muff diving! :D

Alcina - I totally agreed with you. Muck diving is so much fun & exciting. It'll totally change ones perception, once you have done it. :wink:

Ed.

great stuff as usual Ed...

thats a fire urchin, home to the coleman shrimp and zebra crabs.... always look closely at them for these cool interlopers

The Beauty Of Muck Diving...

img5381lu2.jpg

img5329dv2.jpg

img5284wi0.jpg

img5316wy8.jpg

img5320ym9.jpg

More To Come... :wink:

Ed.

Interesting Critters Of Muck Diving...

img5272bk1.jpg

img5293aw5.jpg

img5297rr7.jpg

img5308up8.jpg

Ed.

OMG those new ones are awesome! So why do they call it muck diving? I thought muck diving was diving in mud.

clgsamson:
what's that? a vegan crab?:)

Beats Me, Caloy! I have no idea either, it's my 1st time! :)

Ed.

Muck diving is low viz and silty and/or easily stirred up bottoms. There are a tremendous number of funky creatures living in areas of muck as well as a whole host of more "common" critters (at least in our muck diving we also see the "locals" but often with size or colour variation, which is very cool). Generally muck diving needs very good diving skills and a keen eye to determine how to take a good photo!

Muck diving isn't for everyone - many divers don't like low viz and many aren't comfortable enough to always be aware of their fins and danglies etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom