Photoshop is too dark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simply delete "Adobe Gamma" from the Startup folder of your Start Menu and reboot.

iflyprops:
where do you get these color calibration programs?

thanks!

You can get them at any online phot/video reseller or higher end camera store. I would suggest one of the highly reputable places like B&H Photo (www.bhphotovideo.com) . . . that's who I buy all my stuff from, but I know others here have had great success with other well established online stores.

ifly

b&H is a good source for it, but be sure to check around as prices can very greatly but if you think the price is to good it probably is.. just check the sellers ratings at www.resellerratings.com as there are alot of places online that are scams.

good calibration devices are
spyder relatively inexpensive
Eye-One more expensive but one of the best

FWIW

Tooth

After reading all the bad reviews about about the inconsistant results with the "Spyder" I gave the Monaco system a go. I got the bundled colorimeter and EZcolor 2.6 profiling system that allows everything from your monitor, scanners, printers, etc., to have their own profile. WYSIWYG !

Calibration is essential! This is especially true if you burn a CD to get prints at your local photoprocessor. My friend at Costco says he sees more prints screwed up because they were reworked on an uncalibrated monitor than pictures screwed up in camera. His advice, unless you have a calibrated monitor and some experience in image processing, use the camera shot for prints.

I tried the adobe gamma setting in windows and although it improved my pics, I was not happy with the results. I balked at the cost of the full Monaco system but bit the bullet and bought it. I am very pleased with the results. I do a lot of printing at home and having your computer and printer speak the same color language really improved output without a lot of effort in time, ink and paper.

I dont use the Spyder but have have a friend who swears by it.

One final thought. Your screen will always produce a wide color gamut than you can print. If you print at home or through an outside processor you will never get exactly what you see on the screen. A good calibration system will get you about as close as you can get.

---Bob

Back
Top Bottom