physics question, air pressure in cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but you need a certain number of posts before you are permitted. I don't remember if it's 5 or 10. It's an anti-spam measure.

R..

OK THANKS, Guess this would be considered one ? I want to take what I learned from my first question and put it in a new perspective.
and still not diver related but physics related

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 04:32 PM ----------

must be 10 post just tried after 5th and still only gives choice of url for pic

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 04:36 PM ----------

that's why it took so long to post 1st pic had to post in photos.
possibly 7th post or should I post another pic in photos and point back to here?

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 04:58 PM ----------

Also tried to upload of user pic requires one 97 kb or smaller I believe , one I have is 144 kb whats an easy way to shrink size?

Also tried to upload of user pic requires one 97 kb or smaller I believe , one I have is 144 kb whats an easy way to shrink size?
Nope, not anywhere here that I know of. Were you trying to upload to this thread, to the gallery, or what?

This one is 220 Kb, and oversized, but the board auto reduces it...

content.jpg

just my user pic it says 97 kb might as well let you see what this poster looks like , but as for the other pic I want to ask about another drawing done in windows paint that concerns the first post but with different conditions, just curious whether boyles law would be the same in an enclosed space with a change of pressure input

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 08:06 PM ----------

for the profile pic I reduced a jpeg down to 93 kb and it still fails to accept it

to post in the forum it tells me that it must be under 200 kb so although when I shrink the windows paint pic that much I think it will be blurry in the descriptions in it but will give it a try, not sure why I need to shrink mine so muchView attachment 204598 yep what I feared
Upload it to your Dropbox or similiar an pm me the link, I will post it.

uploadfromtaptalk1426295903457.jpg
8416181ebeb9759ea10f29b87cd83f05.jpg

A long time before SCUBA and the understanding of the physics involved, construction workers came down with decompression sickness and it was called caisson disease. Deep water construction required the building of a vertical pipe (caisson) with air locks that was pressurized to keep water from seeping in. These workers would work ( exertion under pressure is a precursor to DCS ) for an extended time and of course would suffer the same effects as a SCUBA diver which overstayed their welcome at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom