Pinnacle Extreme or Polar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoreliner11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've decided on getting a pinnacle wetsuite as I can get a cheap price at a local sale here in washington. I'm not sure which will be better? Here in the puget sound the water gets to 60 or so during the summer but usually in low 50's maybe even upper 40's. Which would you go with? The extreme is and 8/6mm and the polar is a 7/5. If you have experience with either of the suits that would help. Thanks
Aaron

I've been diving with a Pinnacle Polar in temps from 39 to a 74 degree dive last week. It was plenty warm in the cold water yet not too warm in the warm water. I bought this on the recomendation from a dive buddy ( instructor) who also has one.

I've got a Polar for diving on the Mass north shore and am very happy. My arms get a little cold at depth (yesterday was 47F at 50ft), but my core and legs have always been fine.

Is the Extreme the one with the attached hood? FWIW I've yet to have a leak via the hood, as the polar has a nifty little seal.

Based on the product descriptions, the polar would be my choice.... They seem to have all the same features with the exception of the thickness. Extreme is 8mm core/6mm extremities.... Polar is 7mm core/5mm extremities. I like less thickness if I can get away with it, so the polar is a clear winner for me.

Thanks for the replies. If there isn't much difference in price or mobility between the two I'll get the extreme...otherwise I'll go for the polar.

the extreme actually has a dry suit zipper making it more stiff out of water.(to the point where i would not have bought it if i had not the chance to dive in one first) but as soon as you get into the water and it starts to compress to your body it fits like a wetsuit should. and if you have the chance to lookt at the 2 next to eachother the extreme has less seams in the construction. i ice dive in my extreme cold yes but bearable for a 20-30 min dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom