PK Polar Bear Dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The day was cool to nice and windy out at Scuba Point on Lake Possum Kingdom. Nine of us met at Surface Interval Scuba in Arlington and drove out togother for the dive. Having got a later start then was planned limited us to only one New Years dive,,,,thats ok. The water had a 8-10"chop from the south,,,,,vis was poor at 1-2ft.. Water temp was a cool 53f through 60ft.. Skeet and several local divers were there and making a Polar Bear dive(s) also. They were helpful in pointing out some of the lakes features. Our shops trek leader Randy Cook (DM) did a nice job,,,,,he even gave us a tour of some of the lake after diving to see the plentiful deer and also a cool trip to the dam,,,,on the way home we all ate dinner a Texas landmark--- Dairy Queen in Mineral Wells. Fun day!!!

Glad you came out Alan, hoped conditions were better. Any dive is a good dive except for the last one you ever get to make. I hope you went to the Dairy Queen on North Oak, it is deferrent than any other and it is store #1. See ya soon for some more diving.

Could you tell me how to get to Scuba Point on Lake Possum Kingdom?
I have never been and would like to try some diving there this spring.
Thanks
Captjohn

I miss Dairy Queens :frown:

captjohn:
Could you tell me how to get to Scuba Point on Lake Possum Kingdom?
I have never been and would like to try some diving there this spring.
Thanks
Captjohn

Hope this link helps,,,one portion has some good directions.
http://www.scubapointpk.com/info.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom