Places to camp/stay around cypress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a make-shift map of the route to Cypress Springs from Culpepper Landing via Holmes Creek:

cypress_route_4_copy.jpg

Here is also a link to the water gauge for Homes Creek. If it gets to 15 or above then forget about it. I am still trying to figure out at what point on the guage is Cypress blown-out. In the higher 13's to 14's Cypress gets a little stetchy.

Things right now look freakin' great: Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Tallahassee: Holmes Creek at Vernon

WMD has some land a bit south and east of Cypress, probably 45 min to an hour that has some first come, first served... FREE camping...

Ok, It was alot better when you can drive in. Are you putting in at the bridge in Vernon?

I bet there were tons of people there when you could drive in... I would consider it much better now.

WMD has some land a bit south and east of Cypress, probably 45 min to an hour that has some first come, first served... FREE camping...

I bet there were tons of people there when you could drive in... I would consider it much better now.

I have ruled out camping for this trip.......to darn hot! I will have to remember that for a trip later in the year.

What dies the water temp run at cypress? 70ish degrees?

Hal Kirk
Holmes Creek Canoe Livery
Vernon, Florida
850-210-7001
850-956-2074

Very Diver-Friendly. We usually pay at the bridge (where he is located) and drive to the launch, where he drops the canoes (he will shuttle you as well). When we get back to the launch, we call him, and he's usually there to pick up his canoe by the time our gear is loaded.

Back
Top Bottom