plus size wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Lori,

you'll probably find better info in the Exposure Suits subforum.

Laurens

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

nursedurse:
I am looking for a shorty. I am a size 20, any idea's

Thanks, Lori

I have not tried this place yet but have heard the fitted suits are reasonably priced. As soon as my very ill fitting mens wetsuit gets the slightests fray Im going to look into them. As a large woman I couldnt find a womans wetsuit to fit me properly so I was kinda excited about all the good things I heard about Triple-L. http://store.triple-l.biz/index.asp?dc=scubaboard . Hope that helps. Happy diving :)

With students who don't fit "off the rack" suits, I always encourage them to get a custom suit as soon as possible. It's not as difficult or expensive as many people think.

I would personally recommend "Bare" brand wetsuits. You can order their complete line through someone like www.divetank.com (very nice people and fantastic prices!) They have a few different Shorties to choose from.

My recommendation... go to www.bare-wetsuits.com and check out their selection of wet/dry suits, decide which one you want, then call Divetank and they will tell you which measurements are required. It may take 3-4 weeks to complete, but you will NEVER regret having purchased a properly-fitting exposure suit!

By The Way, I also know of a few students who have ordered custom suits from Body Glove, and they seemed to be pretty happy. They have 3mil shorties, too.

nursedurse:

Thanks, Lori
Hey lori, I am a size 20 as well but in my full wet suit I am a 14. maybe you dont need a 20 as you think.

Sarah

nursedurse:

Thanks, Lori

Hi Lori!

These folks make custom wetsuits / drysuits. All but one of my exposure systems are from these guys. They make a quality product, and ensure a proper a fit. :crafty:

http://www.oceaner.com/

Lori,

you may want to look at Aquaflite. I have 2 of their suits. No complaints. Prices seem comparable to off-the-rack. Good luck on your search. Happy diving!

Give Larry at Scuba Toys a call. A Henderson Hyperstretch might be just the ticket...

Back
Top Bottom