Question Wetsuit sizing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
i am 177cm tall, i weigh 61kgs and quite slim with a waist size of just 27'' i am looking at boy sized wetsuits as they seem closer to my waist size but stuck on what size to get.. any help would be great!

i am 177cm tall, i weigh 61kgs and quite slim with a waist size of just 27'' i am looking at boy sized wetsuits as they seem closer to my waist size but stuck on what size to get.. any help would be great!

You'll get almost zero useful info online. You need to try suits on if you can and if you can't make sure of return policy.

Different manufacturers, different cuts, different sizing.

Unlikely you'll fit a "boy" sized suit. I'm 172cm and 52kg, I use a 4th element in XS🤷‍♂️ I was able to try it on. I'm always an XS but not all XS are created equal, some too big and some too small.

I've found weight stated to be less important, often, than getting right height, depends on neoprene used, stretchy or not.

You'll get almost zero useful info online. You need to try suits on if you can and if you can't make sure of return policy.

Different manufacturers, different cuts, different sizing.

Unlikely you'll fit a "boy" sized suit. I'm 172cm and 52kg, I use a 4th element in XS🤷‍♂️ I was able to try it on. I'm always an XS but not all XS are created equal, some too big and some too small.

I've found weight stated to be less important, often, than getting right height, depends on neoprene used, stretchy or not.
so a boy-sized suit wouldn't work at all? from what I can see from a few size charts online my waist fits in a size 10 or 12, how do you think they would work?

so a boy-sized suit wouldn't work at all? from what I can see from a few size charts online my waist fits in a size 10 or 12, how do you think they would work?

I can't say. Like I said, try on or make sure they have a return policy. Beware in Oz if you buy, for example, a size M and they send you a size M even if it doesn't fit consumer law classes that as a "change of mind" and the shop does not have to refund you. Make sure if you're buying online that you check with them first what their return policy is under suit not fitting even if they sent the size you ordered.

This I know as it happened to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom