• DIR or mostly DIR

Votes: 40 37.7%
  • Traditional or mostly traditional

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Somewhere close to the middle

Votes: 33 31.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife told me once she was sort of pregnate, I guess she couldn't make a decision either. Your either in or out.

JB

detroit diver once bubbled...

In addition, although everyone who responded referred strictly to equipment configuration, is is only a part of the DIR philosophy. That's why you can't be "sort of DIR". [/B]

Actually "everyone" who mentioned equipment also mentioned other aspects as well. :wink:

I am almost DIR, but I dive an air2 and arguably break rule #1 by diving with safe, but non-DIR buddies. Does that make me a stroke? Yup, sure does. Am I still "mostly DIR?" I think so. While DIR is often considered equivalent to being pregnant (either yes or no), I find it more useful to think of it as low fat food (98% stroke free). That, by the way, makes this poll distinct from the last one.

-Klaus

By the way, do I lose DIR points for not being vegetarian?

klausbh once bubbled...
I am almost DIR, but I dive an air2 and arguably break rule #1 by diving with safe, but non-DIR buddies. Does that make me a stroke? Yup, sure does. Am I still "mostly DIR?" I think so. While DIR is often considered equivalent to being pregnant (either yes or no), I find it more useful to think of it as low fat food (98% stroke free). That, by the way, makes this poll distinct from the last one.

-Klaus

By the way, do I lose DIR points for not being vegetarian?
And you can eat all the animals you want...if God didn't want us to eat them, he wouldn't have made them out of meat..

Sorry that I couldn't edit before the 60 min timer ran out. I did use the SEARCH function, but forgot to put in DIR poll, and I got tired of looking when I put in DIR. Think most people here understand there are about 200,000 hits on DIR...just kidding.

I will try to clarify what I was thinking...

I suppose it could be

DIR - since you can't go mostly DIR according to some

Traditional - because regardless of if you believe you are DOING IT RIGHT that does NOT mean everyone else is DOING IT WRONG and so I didn't put in Non-DIR

Not sure what I would call Option 3 if you must be all the way DIR or not at all. Lets just say that you like approximately half of what they say, and the other half is fish crap.

I just want to make it clear that before a few months ago, I had NO idea what DIR was. My ONLY exposure to DIR has been on this board. I would like to repeat that for everyone...MY ONLY EXPOSURE TO DIR HAS BEEN ON THIS BOARD.

Now I ask each person representing their particular viewpoint to consider what type of ambassador are you being for your style of diving during these discussions?

I do appreciate that this one has not resulted in the slugfest that I do enjoy reading, but wanted to keep out of this particular post.

I also learned something else...corrrect me if I am wrong. GUE doesn't offer a OW card? So you start out with PADI (for example like me) and then move to GUE?

Thanks for the input so far.

Knavey once bubbled...
I also learned something else...corrrect me if I am wrong. GUE doesn't offer a OW card? So you start out with PADI (for example like me) and then move to GUE?
At this point in time, correct - GUE's "entry-level" course is DIR Fundamentals, and you must be a certified diver to attend.

Scubaroo once bubbled...

I know it takes a little time, but there's a wealth of material here if you use the search function.

You know, the last person I told to use the search button got mad at me...

Knavey once bubbled...

Thanks for the input so far.

At this juncture GUE does NOT offer an open water program. However that being said, the GUE OW program is largely written and is being beta tested in Seattle and San Diego and a few GUE instructors that also teach recreationally have started to incorporate the GUE based program into their OW programs..

Hope that helps..

Later

Thanks MK. Question for you. If an instructor with another agency wanted to work with GUE how would they go about it. Would they have to start over with this new "beta" OW and then go up the ranks again?

How do you see this working.

thanks

LVX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom