Poll: "TEXAS Dive Flag" License Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and thats just one son & myself - the other 2 cars and one motorcycle in the family will take some persuading, like my agreeing to pay for those too!

Yep...we'll take 2!

I would LOVE to have a Texas Dive Flag License Plate. I would be in favor of the proceeds supporting the artificial reef program, but even if that gets shot down, I would still be in favor of the funds being diverted to the many dive spots we have inland, as well. On a side note, I would REALLY be in favor of a portion of the funds going toward the Aquarena Center in San Marcos (and, yes, I do have a vested interest in this).

I would enjoy having them. Would get 2 or 3. One son needs more convencing. Proceeds going to the artificial reef program sounds good.

This is one of the best ideas I have heard in a while. I would definately be interested!!

I have been thinking about getting custom plates. But I would be really likely to get "Texas Dive Flag" plates if they are created. I am a new diver (12 dives) but I think this will be something I do for a long time. And I would really like to see a fund to support reef project along the coast.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks a dive plate would be a good thing. I think that the program is a good place for the funds, but I, along with others, would like to see funds directed toward inland resources as well. There are some very unique underwater habitats that need to be protected.

I'll keep everyone posted on how things are panning out. The State Government is a large machine to move, and when it does, it moves at the speed of snail.

Thanks Everyone for your input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom