Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Atomic split fins

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other split fin

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow,
looks like Jet's are ruling so far.
This might just settle the SB Paddle vs Split controversy once and for all (for me anyway).

The type of fins I use depends on the type of diving I'm doing. "The right tool for the right job". If I'm warm water, recreational diving & want to relax & just enjoy the scenery, I use my split Twin Jet Max fins. If I am doing cold water or technical diving where I have to wear a drysuit, doubles & all, I need the power to push all that heavy, bulky equipment through the water.

The type of fins I use depends on the type of diving I'm doing. "The right tool for the right job". If I'm warm water, recreational diving & want to relax & just enjoy the scenery, I use my split Twin Jet Max fins. If I am doing cold water or technical diving where I have to wear a drysuit, doubles & all, I need the power to push all that heavy, bulky equipment through the water.

Looking back at all your diving, what fins do you use most?
If you only had one choice to pick a fin for scuba diving, which one would it be?
This is what I'm looking for.

It is truly split between the 2 types. My booties do not fit the Jet fins very well (even the smaller size I have from the ones I have for my drysuit rock boots) & the Twin Jet Max fins don't move all that gear around in the water very well. Jet fins will give the power, but are harder on the legs. The Twin Jet Max are much easier on the legs, but don't have the Umph that the Jet fins have. Look at what kind of diving you're planning on doing & go from there.

Wow,
looks like Jet's are ruling so far.
This might just settle the SB Paddle vs Split controversy once and for all (for me anyway).

As of my post, 23 SB members have chosen SP Jets. It would be interesting to see the profiles of those divers.

Yes, by all means, take these 23 divers as proof that Jet's are the most popular fin on SB! How many SB members are there again?

Even if I participated in polls, I would not chose other paddles as a choice for my Gara 2000's.

It would be interesting to know how many of these choices are passionate or mild preferences. Put me down for mild Jet Fin. It is the old shoe syndrome.

The most interesting thing about the Scuba Diving Magazine tests is now little difference there is between the quantitative tests and the tester preference categories.

I am still diving the old Scubapro Sea Wings...Bought them back in '88 and the still work great. I have tried some different fins including splits and for what it costs to change I will stick with the Sea Wings. If its not broke why fix it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom