Poll: Where were you (first) introduced to the frog kick (mastery not required)?

Poll: Where were you (first) introduced to the frog kick (mastery not required)?

• Basic Open Water

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Advanced Open Water

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Rescue Diver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master Diver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavern/Intro to Cave/Intro to Tech

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • GUE (any course)

• private instruction/mentoring (paid or otherwise)

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • self taught/YouTube

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • other

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • The what?! I don't know that...

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I reckon I was about 5, maybe 6, when I was learning the breast stroke & frog kick...
:)
Rick

I grew up with a swimming pool in the back yard so probably around 3-4 years old. Breast stroke has always been my favorite way to swim.

High School Swim Team a million years ago. But since then I have seen it used by many instructors and experienced divers but never had any formal exposure to it. I keep thinking that maybe in the next course I take. HAHA

I first heard about it on a thread on Scubaboard and watched the how-to videos that were linked to from the thread. I voted "other" since first hearing about it here wasn't a choice.

PADI wreck diver course.

We were doing our dives on a couple of wrecks that were known to be a bit "silty" so were were introduced to the frog kick and (IIRC) were made to observe the anti crap stirring up qualities of frog kicking, and comparing it to flutter kick.

Jon

I didn't use youtube. I started doing frog kicks way back, probably early 1980's. My legs got tired and I just started doing something different. Never gave it any thought through the years until I found SB where eveyone makes a big deal out of it like it's some kind secret manuver.

I voted "other" since I was technically first introduced to the frog kick during swim lessons as a child. I never thought about using a similar style of kick for diving until I saw a cave/tech diver from my old dive shop doing it.

If we're talking about diving, I learned the frogkick in BOW, but as a swimmer, I learned it shortly after I learned to swim.

I've been doing the frog kick since I was a kid - but I canNOT do it with my gear and fins on!! Mental block? Maybe it's not really the same kick?

I was introduce to it here on SB, saw videos, and my OW instructor helped me with it because I asked hime to... my fellow OW students didn't seem very interested in working on trim, kicking, etc unfortunately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom