Pompano or Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used them quite a few times without any hiccups last year though, nothing at all like you mentioned in 2021. Maybe just my luck?

Perhaps they’ve improved. The layout of the boat is enough to keep me away. I found it simply awful. YMMV.

Quiescense in Key Largo is a great operator IMO. Have done many dives with them over the years. Shallow, wrecks, etc. 6 pack boats, have their own dock behind the store. Jupiter dive center IMO are a good operator also and have enjoyed many dives with them. Diving Jupiter is a little more "sporty" with the drift and depth, but some of my most memorable dives were off Jupiter. Any body dove the "Hole in the wall" that Jupiter dive center does? Biggest grouper I ever saw.

Which shops in Key Largo fill Trimix besides Horizon and about how much is Helium going for there ?
Also, looking for referral for a dive shop or private boats who will charter for 1-3 days for up to 6 divers.

Quiescense in Key Largo is a great operator IMO. Have done many dives with them over the years. Shallow, wrecks, etc. 6 pack boats, have their own dock behind the store. Jupiter dive center IMO are a good operator also and have enjoyed many dives with them. Diving Jupiter is a little more "sporty" with the drift and depth, but some of my most memorable dives were off Jupiter. Any body dove the "Hole in the wall" that Jupiter dive center does? Biggest grouper I ever saw.
Hole in the Wall is a tech dive, has not been a rec dive with JDC for a long time, perhaps since Gerry bought JDC from Randy.

I did hole in the wall several years ago, so you sound more up to date than me. I believe what to say when you said it was a technical dive. It was my deepest dive ever and a great learning experience. Jump in and immediately dump for the bottom (after an ok to the boat) as the depth a little current require a quick decent to the "hole in the wall", a quick swim through and an up close visit with the resident large type grouper I exited to several bull sharks that liked to drift along with us. A memorable dive but only one of many I have been lucky enough to do in that area.

Hi everyone, first post here!

Joining the conversation, as I'm also planning to do a last minute dive tour in FL next week!

I will be driving my way from Tampa towards the Keys (hopefully 6 days of diving) and I was thinking of staying half of the days in Palm beach (diving around and Jupiter) and the other half in Miami (diving Fort Lauderdale and Key Largo).

First time around and I'm heading towards my 50th+ dive, so I'm just trying to explore the best dive sites in the area. I've mostly dived in reefs so far so I'm definitely excited to do some of the wreck and drift dives you've already mentioned!

Do you think it's worth the hassle driving down from Miami or should I just spend a couple of days around Key Largo/Islamorada, exploring all the way down to West Keys?

Thanks! (and sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)

Hi everyone, first post here!

Joining the conversation, as I'm also planning to do a last minute dive tour in FL next week!

I will be driving my way from Tampa towards the Keys (hopefully 6 days of diving) and I was thinking of staying half of the days in Palm beach (diving around and Jupiter) and the other half in Miami (diving Fort Lauderdale and Key Largo).

First time around and I'm heading towards my 50th+ dive, so I'm just trying to explore the best dive sites in the area. I've mostly dived in reefs so far so I'm definitely excited to do some of the wreck and drift dives you've already mentioned!

Do you think it's worth the hassle driving down from Miami or should I just spend a couple of days around Key Largo/Islamorada, exploring all the way down to West Keys?

Thanks! (and sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)
There's good variety around Key Largo/Islamorada and some "must do" wrecks including the Spiegel Grove, Duane, and Eagle. One thing to bear in mind is that it's basically a two lane road for much of the drive down to the Keys from Miami, so you can get pretty snarled in traffic if you hit it at the wrong time. Something to bear in mind for when you're leaving to fly out!

Yes I realised this , especially towards Key West evey time I check there is a massive red traffic line after Islamorada.

I'll try to break it down to 2 days each, Palm Springs, Miami and Key Largo/Islamorada (or maybe skip Miami completely).

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

If your goal is to dive I'd skip Miami completely, waaay too long of a trek down to Key West, but I'm biased as I live there.

Quiescense in Key Largo is a great operator IMO. Have done many dives with them over the years. Shallow, wrecks, etc. 6 pack boats, have their own dock behind the store. .....
Quiescence is now private charter only. Half day and full day, but you can't buy a seat. You gotta charter.....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom