Pompano or Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which shops in Key Largo fill Trimix besides Horizon and about how much is Helium going for there ?
Also, looking for referral for a dive shop or private boats who will charter for 1-3 days for up to 6 divers.
Quiescence is a solid full charter only 6-pack operator in the Keys. Not sure if they're a gas blender....

Quiescence is now private charter only. Half day and full day, but you can't buy a seat. You gotta charter.....
How much is a full day charter?

How much is a full day charter?
I think it's about $800-850 bucks. Not bad for 6 divers....they have a website with pricing, etc.

I think it's about $800-850 bucks. Not bad for 6 divers....they have a website with pricing, etc.
My friend just booked with them. $495 half day / $850 full day. No including tip or dive equipment, which they will, of course, arrange for you if you need it. Snorkel equipment included.

Hi everyone, first post here!

Joining the conversation, as I'm also planning to do a last minute dive tour in FL next week!

I will be driving my way from Tampa towards the Keys (hopefully 6 days of diving) and I was thinking of staying half of the days in Palm beach (diving around and Jupiter) and the other half in Miami (diving Fort Lauderdale and Key Largo).

First time around and I'm heading towards my 50th+ dive, so I'm just trying to explore the best dive sites in the area. I've mostly dived in reefs so far so I'm definitely excited to do some of the wreck and drift dives you've already mentioned!

Do you think it's worth the hassle driving down from Miami or should I just spend a couple of days around Key Largo/Islamorada, exploring all the way down to West Keys?

Thanks! (and sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)

If you are looking for wrecks and don't want to drive to the keys, there are many wrecks off the cost of Miami and Fort Lauderdale, both at the OW and AOW levels. I would recommend looking into American Dream Dive Charters in FLL, Divers Paradise in Miami/Key Biscayne and Tarpoon Lagoon in Miami Beach. If you want to head to Key Largo (1 hour south of Miami when there isn't traffic - which means you need to go early), I'd recommend Horizon Divers, which specializes in daily deep double-dip dives to Spiegel Grove or Duane for AOW and Tech divers. If you want to hit up the locations that you've mentioned, base yourself in Fort Lauderdale or Miami, as both Palm Beach, FLL/Miami and Key Largo are much more accessible fi you want to mix it up vs. staying in Palm Beach.

The lower keys are beautiful, but they are a trek and, while there is some good diving, the FLL/Miami area will give you more variety in a smaller, more accessible areas. You'll also have a larger choice of dive charters to choose from. Of course, maybe diving isn't your only priority on the trip and you wish to have a true Keys experience, in which case the lower keys will scratch your diving itch for nice reefs and warm, clear water.

Quiescence is now private charter only. Half day and full day, but you can't buy a seat. You gotta charter.....
Was lucky to do a dive on the Spiegel Grove Feb 07. Very cold in Key Largo that morning. Got to the shop and it was just me and an older gentleman for the morning dive. Did I mention it was cold? They took us out after making damn sure we really wanted to go. The gentleman I was with was a member of the US Navy UDT 2 back in the day. I am former Navy myself and this guy was still a badass. I couldn't keep up with this man without some effort. He was going to see the whole wreck on that one dive bet your ass.

I need a charter for Key West please

I need a charter for Key West please
Check with Finz dive center at Hurricane Hole marina. Not sure about private charter but I thoroughly enjoyed 3 half days of diving with them. Professional, laid back, knowledgeable.

Check with Finz dive center at Hurricane Hole marina. Not sure about private charter but I thoroughly enjoyed 3 half days of diving with them. Professional, laid back, knowledgeable.
Already checked with Finz, hoping to get another charter price.

@Strima77 - one decent OP I know in Pompano is Aqualife Divers. Tons of nice dive spots there.
When in Key Largo - I'd suggest to check out few nice ops in Islamorada too, like Key Dives and IDC (Islamorada Dive Center) and Conch Republic in Tavernier.
Personally I like Islamorada diving better than Key Largo.
Second aqualife - crew is fantastic and *actually* goes to spots others don't (sometimes). Possibly the best part is their boat is next to the inlet - no more half hour rides just to get to the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom