Pony questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
For the cost of the pony, you can get a manifold.

Where did you buy your manifold? Mine was significantly more expensive than the AL 30 pony I bought. Not to mention I needed bands and a different wing.

Mike

Just a idea... but you could go ind doubles. That would save you the cost of a manifold untell you can get that extra 170-300 saved up. ind double might be about the same amount of task loading as doubles+manifold. That would have to be explained by some one with more exp then me tho.... Just thoght i would put that idea out there for you since its looking like the pony/deco is not going to well!

between a slung 30 and 40 is completely negligible...might as well have the extra 10 cf of gas...

grunzster:
Probably 100s or 120s, I'm a little guy.

Spectre brought up another good point. I'm only diving a 30# wing. How much lift would I need with a single and a pony? Sounds like I may need a bigger wing anyway. Starting to sound like it will just be easier and more cost efficient to just go right to doubles.

With my 100's and 120' I use a 100# dual bladder. I know it is more than I need right now, but when I have deco tanks slung and whatever I might be carry it is nice to have the extra lift if I need it. Besides, I know I will never have to buy another wing. It sucks finding out that you need another wing later on.

I bought the dual bladder simply for redundancy. Another nice thing to have in case the s$@t hits the fan.

Back
Top Bottom