Pop goes the BABY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gooooooooood Evening to all - I wanted to take a moment to drop in and let everyone know that we are home now. Kris and Ian are resting well together and Xavier is somewhat curious about what this new little person is doing here. For those whom were in attendance (Jenny & Julie; Vickey, Darrel, & Jessie; and Krista), words alone cannot describe the feelings of gratitude and appreciation for your support, love, and willingness at a time when a woman is at her absolute most vulnerable. All of you along with Kris's very trusted mid-wife and mid-wife intern provided such an air of comfort which helped with her focus on the task of giving birth knowing that everything else (Xavier, me, home, dogs, etc) was in good hands.

Vickey - you most of all got a little bit of a treat that was unexpected. Photographer turned into on the spot doula/intern midwife! Long story short, our mid-wife had pulled a muscle in her back and required assistance that gimpy Colin couldn't totally do. Vickey stepped in without even a blink passing her camera to the mid-wife and during the final 20-30 minutes of the birth became an active participant helping me help Kris give birth to little Ian. Her calm, reassuring voice talking to Kris with me was an outstanding asset to the birth team!

I've learned some very cool lessons with this birth as well, and when it comes time for our next one I'll know a few more things to do.

Darrel - I can't wait for you to post what you wrote.. I've been thinking about it since you left. Now and again something moves me emotionally, your poem is one of them. :)

Jenny & Krista - some of those lessons learned will have you more involved next time, however, you were invaluable in having been there to whisk away X at the right time and keep him occupied at a point when things got serious. Thank you VERY much for being there!

For those wondering, yeah - I cut the cord... I felt it pulsing, still exchanging life forces with Kris. It never ceases to amaze me just how miraculous the act of giving birth is. Its one of those acts best experienced... each time different, but just as incredible!

CBulla:
I've learned some very cool lessons with this birth as well, and when it comes time for our next one I'll know a few more things to do.
Third time lucky?? :wink:

Sorry i couldnt have stayed and been there for the rest of the weekend, looks like i missed out on the fun in the end, maybe next time?

I must say, this was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever been privileged to witness. Thank you soooo much for letting me part of such an intimate special time in your lives. I’m still in total amazement with the way Kris handle ever thing. NO drugs, not even a Tylenol , and the woman stayed completely in control of her body, mind and soul. Hats off to you Kris....! It’s almost funny how we just get breakfast made and what was once a “I feel a little cramping” to, “we’re having a baby” all within (maybe) an hour. By the time we got there Kris was already at 5cm and still cracking jokes and laughing. I can’t believe she did this the Ol’ natural way... ouch, but she did it, even at 9cm she was telling the mid-wife how she wanted things done around her.
It was refreshing to see how laid back Sam (the mid-wife) was. The lights were dimmed with Jimmy Buffet playing in the back ground and the scent of lavender throughout the room. A nice sense of calmness surrounding Kris with her husband right by her side encouraging her to breathe and reminding her to relax. We all know this is part of the circle of life and babies are born everyday, but to actually witness this couple working as a single unit to birth that little baby into the world was absolutely fantastically beautiful.

We love you guys! Congrats again!

Such an amzing experience to read about, I can only imagine what being there was like. A real family experience. Little Ian already has a huge family of SB'ers all eagerly awaiting his arrival. I envy those of you who were there.

Congratulations to everyone!

Well Colin I'm finally logging in. It's late but I just had to post. It was great, and I was so honored to be part of a very special day and event. It was hard sitting outside and not being able to physically help, but I knew you and Kris were in great hands. Everyone was right when they said from breakfast to having a baby. I remember making the gravy and shortly after hearing Kris say she felt a pain down low. To me it felt like 20-30 minutes and I was timing a 1 minute long contraction. We (me, Vickie, Jenny, Krista, Julie, Jessie, and X-Man) all knew our jobs by the time we all got to the birthing center. Everyone else was helping mom and dad so well that I had nothing to do but worry. The mid-wife even stated that by my actions she would have thought it was my wife having the baby. It was great to watch everyone helping Colin and Kris. I was just so honored to be there. Kris and Colin seemed so relaxed.

Well, since I did not have much to do, except get food and coffee when needed, I decided I would start a poem. The poem advanced as the birth advanced. The last two lines were typed just after we all could hear the sweet cries of baby Ian. So Colin, I'm posting you poem on a new thread in Florida Conch Divers. Look for the title "The New Conch Diver". Just remember folks, I'm not a professional poet.

What a truly miraculous way to start your New Year- congratulations to Kris, Colin, & the X-Man on the birth of Ian! And, lucky, lucky Conch family members who were there to witness & help!

Congratulations to the whole Bulla family! I am so happy for you! And I totally second the comments about what wonderful parents you are! I was so amazed with your relaxed and loving ways with your kids at my house, it does not surprise me at all that Chris was calm and in control throughout the birth!

May this be just the first of many happy miracles in 2005!

Now colin this don't mean to start on Number 3, just to keep Kris from Diving. LOL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom