POSIDON EXTREME vs. ODIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jptrealty

Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of things:

1) what is the better reg.???

2) Do the new posidon regs dump gas in a tank at around 300psi ( depending on how well they are tuned)??

Thank You

I can't offer a whole lot of input, particularly on your second question, but I can tell you that the XStream breathes quite well, and is a much simpler system than the Odin. I've never used an Odin, but I've heard from others that they require more frequent adjustments.

I also have never used the ODin myself, but I have used the Xstream. It breathes great and it uses a steel ball as a seat which is not only highly resistant to failure, but also revolutionary (no one else does it).
As for the second question, yes because poseidon first stages increase the intermediate pressure as the tank pressure decreases. So make sure that whoever sets it up does it right as they are different from all other regs. So yes they will free flow at very low tank pressure. As a result, you have to turn the tank on a little quicker than usual for the IP to build quickly so it doesn't freeflow. A little weird but it is a great reg.

great reg. im own one but am selling it. had no problems with it. has one of the lightest second stages. mine ahs never free-flowed and breaths great especially below 70ft. shallower areas tends to breath wet. as to your comparison with the odin they breath the same. if there are slight differences i havent noticed.

Spoon:
great reg. im own one but am selling it. had no problems with it. has one of the lightest second stages. mine ahs never free-flowed and breaths great especially below 70ft. shallower areas tends to breath wet. as to your comparison with the odin they breath the same. if there are slight differences i havent noticed.

Hmm, interesting. Most of my diving is shallow, and I haven't noticed it breathing wet. Maybe I'm not paying attention, that's always possible.

Never tryed the xtreme, but love the Odin (Jetstream), in fact I just bought a second one :)
Many people i know dont like the Odin cause of its particular way to deliver the air, do a search in the forum to see what i mean, second thing to consider the Odin isn't particolary good at shallow depths (not bad either) but the deeper you go the more air will give (never could outbreath it).
In conclusion, you should also consider the price, xstream is very costy, and you can find great deals on odins (paid yesterday mine something like 380 $ in Switzerland).

I have several Odins and love then, I have an extreme but have never been on it, I am trying to decide what gear to keep and what to get rid of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom