Possible dive log application for iPhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel a little like a grinch because this has nothing to do with this iPhone divelog app that member divinglog has clearly put a lot of work into.

Absolutely no problem. Just for the record, I'm not the author of the iPhone application (I develop the PC application). But it was really a lot of work to get the sync done right and Greg (the iPhone developer) has done also an absolutely great job.

If by three years behind you are referring to available phone technology in the US, you are sorely mistaken. If you are referring to Japanese phone technology, you may have a point, but we're in the US, so it's irrelevant.

The iPhone 3G destroys anything available in Japan too.

The application by itself is almost enough to make it purchase worthy, but with how often i end up completely reimaging my phone (monthly, on average) I'd have to have it sync with my mac somehow.

Any news on sync with possibly MacDive or JDiveLog?

Very cool over all though I hate to dust of the PC for the dice log. Any plans for mac support or at least having the client be java/flash/whatever for multi platoform support? Looking forward to testing this on my iphone :)

Regarding Mac Support: There will be at the same time as the App Store release a small free Mac Dive Log Manager from "More Mobile Software" which is able to sync an UDCF file to the iPhone Dive Log or can be used to backup your iPhone logbook to the Mac. The link above currently doesn't work, but it should be available as soon as the iPhone Dive Log itself is released. Currently Mac DiveLog and MacDive can export to UDCF, JDiveLog currently can't.

The iPhone DiveLog will be available in English and German (Metric and Imperial units support) with the initial release.

More Mobile Software is already testing a version of "Diving Log Book" that will work on the iphone, and sync with the desktop version of the same program.

I considered building my own app as well but felt it would be a waste of time when considering the time to get it approved.

If you go to the apple itunes apps store there are already a few programs ther mostly for gas mixtures and dive planning.

If you don't have you iphone yet you can still browse the apps from the internet

If you decide to go ahead with your developement, I believe you already have a complete list of features. Although I did not see mention of a log space for divemaster or record of someone who certified the dive.

oops ... didnt read page 2 before I posted previous message

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom