Post liveaboard help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with you, it takes a lot of time to travel within the Philippines. I was in Coron the last week of November, and met a few backpackers that went from Puerto Princessa to El Nido by bus, and then from El Nido to Coron by boat (the MV Jessabel), which will take around 8 hours for 2200 pesos. I was initially thinking of making my way from Coron to Puerto Princessa but didn't really have the time, so ended up just staying in Coron for 5 days and flying back to Manila. You could also fly from Puerto Princessa to Coron via SeaAir (SEAIR Fastest flights to Boracay, most flights to Palawan and more...).
PALexpress and cebu pacific now fly to coron (busuanga)... more reliable somewhat compared to seair

Jag

but Seair service is something that you can't rely on. They do cancel flights/routes from time to time and their schedule keeps changing. I will need to fly from PPS to Coron on Sat: the online booking can do that but in flights' schedule there isn't such a flight on that day.
So, did you enjoy diving in Coron?

but Seair service is something that you can't rely on. They do cancel flights/routes from time to time and their schedule keeps changing. I will need to fly from PPS to Coron on Sat: the online booking can do that but in flights' schedule there isn't such a flight on that day.
So, did you enjoy diving in Coron?
i only got to do 1 coron dive - a WWII freighter...

did i enjoy it? IMMENSELY... i absolutely LOVED it (but i'm a sort of history buff so being able to dive a WWII wreck was sheer magic for me)

there is a good amount of marine life there but not great viz...

when it comes to topside i think coron is THE most spectacular, haunting, beautiful, amazing, awe-inspiring, boxer-wetting place in the philippines - and i would contend in most of the world.

the landscape, the water, the tranquility, the sheer unspoilt beauty of the place... yeah, you can say i enjoyed it...

i've been wanting to return for the longest time and bring my family - i promised to not to return w/o them...

Jag

did i enjoy it? IMMENSELY... i absolutely LOVED it (but i'm a sort of history buff so being able to dive a WWII wreck was sheer magic for me)

when it comes to topside i think coron is THE most spectacular, haunting, beautiful, amazing, awe-inspiring, boxer-wetting place in the philippines - and i would contend in most of the world.

the landscape, the water, the tranquility, the sheer unspoilt beauty of the place... yeah, you can say i enjoyed it...

i've been wanting to return for the longest time and bring my family - i promised to not to return w/o them...

Jag

let me know when you are going bud!! i'm there... =)

Jag

IMG_0072_edited.jpg
I hope this pic comes out with "CORON" up on the mountain. Anyway, yeah Jag, that's a pretty good description. The most breathtaking place was the mountains that go straight down into the sea east of Coron as you're heading back out towards Mindoro, or Boracay. It looks like the Ko'olao range on Oahu.
I forget which wreck it was, but we slowly approached this pair of large jacks (8 kg) just sitting there. We got within about 4 feet of them and they stayed for about a minute. Then one took off and came charging back, letting us know who was boss down there. We saw other large jacks feeding....full on chasing... the fusaliers that were schooling all around. Fantastic dives. We had pretty good vis too. Maybe 40 feet, which was all we needed to see the fishes.

n898020533_4932015_8292.jpg
Here's a shot of those mountains in the background. this is some island that we bbq'ed on that some doctor from Boracay owns. That's Jake about to hit the water.

saving up a tad more... but looks like this summer...

if i can convince the missus to take a superferry even sooner coz it'll be cheaper

Jag

saving up a tad more... but looks like this summer...

if i can convince the missus to take a superferry even sooner coz it'll be cheaper

Jag

i should really start saving up too then...

liveaboard help

Honestly, people ask the strangest things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom