Pre-Dive Music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Into the ocean" by Blue October. I heard it for the first time on the drive to Monterey for my OW check out dives and now every time I hear it I think of diving.

The morning of my final OW check out dives I pulled into the parking lot of the harbour, opened my car door and was greeted by the sound of Sepultura blaring out from my instructor's truck.

Man was I pumped to go diving after that! It was so energising and invigorating. To this day I maintain that there is nothing like metal to wake you up in the morning and get you motivated.

It's 100% Floyd for me, Echoes (their best song IMHO) has a whole Ocean theme going on, and some of their more "spacy" stuff tends to fit well. Anything slow, calm, spacy, mysterious, and less lyric focused would work as well (some of the Dead's jams for instance).

I usually listen to Jimmy Buffett or Bob Marley before I dive. Once i n a while I play some "Holy Diver" by Dio.

Pre-dive: Flogging Molly

during the dive, the song that most often comes to my head is the Halo theme, and I finally worked it into a video :D :D

Post-dive: whatever. Mostly heavy metal, since that's what' I listen to.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom