Prescription Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol....I love it when people talk about being legally blind without their glasses...What you are referring to is very poor vision without them, good vision with them, right??.....(ie blindness is blindness---with or without glasses)

--------just one of my pet peeves--------

Actually, a person can be legally blind and still be able to see. Up to a point, corrective lenses can help with this. My father was legally blind without his glasses for a few years before he became blind in the true sense - first seeing only the difference between light and dark, and finally not being able to see anything. While many people do use the term legally blind incorrectly in place of plain bad eyesight, there really is such a thing. Just an FYI.
Happy Diving,
George

I use a Tusa Liberator with pop-out replacement lenses. Came to $100 total, $50 for the mask, and $25 per lens.

One of these days I'll try diving with contacts since I like my Scubapro Marin alot more.

I used a mask with the corrective dioptics for years (-4), with no problems. Just recently got a new Atomic mask with my prescription in it and those lenses are attached to the face plate. No problems with that one either.

I've been using bonded lenses from scuba optix for over 5 years. I'm on my second mask and it has my bi-focal script in it. Expensive but my cafeteria plan insurance at work picked up 3/4 of the cost.

Back
Top Bottom