Primer vs. Fundies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweet. Once spring comes along and the water temps at Dutch become wetsuit appropriate, It'll be any weekend. I don't have many time constraints I can't work around.

Eug:

I would love to jump in on a primer class with you. I am also going to be talking to Bob. I will need to wait for wetsuit weather also.

Eugene, you can always swing by Dutch earlier than that and speek with Bob, once he starts teaching there come spring, long before you may be willing to get wet in the wetsuit.

Yea, just waiting for that tax return to get that annual pass to Dutch...

Eug:

I would love to jump in on a primer class with you. I am also going to be talking to Bob. I will need to wait for wetsuit weather also.

Sweet. With you and Donna's buddys, we should have ourselves a class!

Eugene thanks for starting a great post. & thanks to all those who have responded.

I have a question regarding exposure suits. Does either class require a drysuit? Just curious because I know most of the DIR folks dive dry. I know that locally, So Cal, we can rent all the gear for the classes.

Eugene thanks for starting a great post. & thanks to all those who have responded.

I have a question regarding exposure suits. Does either class require a drysuit? Just curious because I know most of the DIR folks dive dry. I know that locally, So Cal, we can rent all the gear for the classes.

No it does not! It is your own comfort level as to determing what you can stand for exposure protection.

You do not need a drysuit to take either course (though they certainly make diving more comfortable!).

That's what everyone who dives with one tells me!

I'm not sure I understand this statement. It is certainly possible to do Fundies without doing the Primer.

Of course it is, but, I didn't say it was impossible to take Fundies without doing the Primer.

Okay; the way I read the statement, "latter" referred to Fundies, and "former" referred to Primer. If I misunderstood, I'm sorry.

Okay; the way I read the statement, "latter" referred to Fundies, and "former" referred to Primer. If I misunderstood, I'm sorry.

If you take the words "Primer" and "Fundies" out of the post I was responding to, that's what I was trying to say. I am lazy.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom